Buying a used off-roader - HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys - long time no talk. Sorry to come here when only in need of something, but I truly don't know where else to turn.

Long story short... I got in an accident over a week ago w/ my 2007 FJC, and the insurance company (just yesterday) deemed in "totaled." I've been looking at other cars, but I think I really want another FJC, so that's when I stumbled upon this post on the FJC forums:

2007 Voodoo Blue - 3" OME lift, 33" Nittos, Fuel Hostage wheels, only 68k miles - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

As you can see I reached out to the guy, and haven't heard anything since. If/when he does get in contact with me, what are some questions I should ask? What sort of pictures should I ask for? I don't want to drive nearly 7 hours and see that his rig isn't what he advertised / see it dripping oil / has body damage / etc.

Thank you in advance.

Ask about rear locker, ATRAC options. Skid plates. Pics of rear lower control arm mounts and lower A arms. If ball joints ever replaced. I have not been pricing FJC's but seems just a little high for lack of additional armor. He should not be expecting to recoup full cost of wheels. Brush guard is worthless and will only be a damage multiplier if hit a deer or other accident.

Yeah, I'm sure I can talk him down to (hopefully) $18k to $19k, but FJC's are in high demand. The prices out there floored me, and when this one came along w/ a lift, better wheels and tires, I drooled.... but then again, it's in Michigan.

I'll ask for pics of under the rig and rear control arm mounts and lower A arms.

Thank you!!! Anyone else have suggestions/advise? TYIA

The guy selling the '07 didn't ever get back to me so I went up to Minneapolis area and brought home this:

IMG_5066.jpg

2012 Trail Teams Edition in Radient Red. Lovin' it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom