Buying a used off-roader - HELP

Discussion in 'IA- Tall Corn Cruisers' started by CRAW, Oct 31, 2017.

1. CRAW

CRAW

Hey guys - long time no talk. Sorry to come here when only in need of something, but I truly don't know where else to turn.

Long story short... I got in an accident over a week ago w/ my 2007 FJC, and the insurance company (just yesterday) deemed in "totaled." I've been looking at other cars, but I think I really want another FJC, so that's when I stumbled upon this post on the FJC forums:

2007 Voodoo Blue - 3" OME lift, 33" Nittos, Fuel Hostage wheels, only 68k miles - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

As you can see I reached out to the guy, and haven't heard anything since. If/when he does get in contact with me, what are some questions I should ask? What sort of pictures should I ask for? I don't want to drive nearly 7 hours and see that his rig isn't what he advertised / see it dripping oil / has body damage / etc.

Thank you in advance.

2. Robkc

Robkc SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Ask about rear locker, ATRAC options. Skid plates. Pics of rear lower control arm mounts and lower A arms. If ball joints ever replaced. I have not been pricing FJC's but seems just a little high for lack of additional armor. He should not be expecting to recoup full cost of wheels. Brush guard is worthless and will only be a damage multiplier if hit a deer or other accident.

Dudleyfj40 likes this.
  3. CRAW

CRAW

Yeah, I'm sure I can talk him down to (hopefully) $18k to $19k, but FJC's are in high demand. The prices out there floored me, and when this one came along w/ a lift, better wheels and tires, I drooled.... but then again, it's in Michigan.

I'll ask for pics of under the rig and rear control arm mounts and lower A arms.

Thank you!!! Anyone else have suggestions/advise? TYIA

4. CRAW

CRAW

The guy selling the '07 didn't ever get back to me so I went up to Minneapolis area and brought home this:

[​IMG]

2012 Trail Teams Edition in Radient Red. Lovin' it.

LS1FJ40, Tallyho74, wicker and 2 others like this.
  5. amelietaylor81

amelietaylor81

before you buying a car make free vin check
    This will help you decide if you should buy it

CRAW likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.