Buying a Parts truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've looked for a thread covering this issue and have not found anything helpful. My question relates to buying a parts truck.

1.) When is it more economical to purchase a parts rig instead of buying my parts ala cart?

2.) At what point ($ wise) are you not buying a parts truck and actually buying your second LC? Specifically, any helpful ball park figures beyond "as cheap as you can" to help decide what a good $ range to look for if pursuing this route?

I figured it would be cheaper overall to pull parts off a similar rig than to track down each individual part. I would then part out what I don't need within 3 months or so of buying it (couldn't keep it indefinitely).

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Can't give you a dollar value, that's something you have to figure for yourself. But most parts trucks I have get torn down to pieces and stored that way. I pull anything of value and then haul the rest to the scrap yard. I know I've missed parts I wished I'd have kept sometimes but in the end it usually works out pretty well for me. Side benefit is the SO doesn't have to look at ANOTHER POS Cruiser in the yard, hear it from the neighbors and local law enforcement.

HTH,
Nick

weve gotten 3 40's so far for 200$ a peice. theyve helped from whole parts to bolts. toyota changes nothing so if there is a cheap one get it. it cant hurt. I also live on a farm and space is no issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom