buying a 2h have questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well i have a deal and am going to be buying a 2h that is 24v
and my truck is 12v so was wondering what all i need to do.
i plan on ac one day so will the 24v ac compressor be fine with 12v?
then i will have to source a 12v starter and alt and glow plugs
is there anything else that i would need to change?
also i plan to run a aluminum radiator that i had on my 40 that kept a 350 around 150
so is it possible for a diesel to run to cool?
thanks guys

well i have a deal and am going to be buying a 2h that is 24v
and my truck is 12v so was wondering what all i need to do.
i plan on ac one day so will the 24v ac compressor be fine with 12v?
then i will have to source a 12v starter and alt and glow plugs
is there anything else that i would need to change?
also i plan to run a aluminum radiator that i had on my 40 that kept a 350 around 150
so is it possible for a diesel to run to cool?
thanks guys

you need all the relays in 12V, starter, glow plugs, glow timer, edic relay. you need the 12V edic motor.

no problems running a diesel engine cool. the alum rad should be fine, but you should NOT run the truck at 150. engine oil has the best lubricating property around 180 to 200. if you run it at 150 you stress the engine.

j

Matt,
I agree with Jan on this that an engine can run too cool. If your rad kept the 350 that cool then I surmise it will also keep your diesel that cool. You can have the radiator from my hj60 if your aluminum rad doesn't work out. The starter and alternator on the engine you are getting are recently rebuilt so you can probably sell those for the price of the 12 volt units. I've also had several people hit me up regarding the 24v EDIC and glow plug setups so we can sell those to offset some of the cost as well. There are several ebay vendors in Australia who have good report on MUD and stock 12v parts.

You can bypass some of the stock systems altogether: search "wilson switch" for the glow plugs
You can even bypass the EDIC and run a lever to control the fueling position on the injection pump. However, I do like the low oil pressure cutoff that the EDIC system provides.

Last edited:
I don't get it guys ? How can the engine run too cool if it has a working thermostat ? If the thermostat does what it supposed to, it wouldn't matter if the radiator was a square-mile and made from gold....:hmm: The thermostat wont give the radiator water to cool before it has the right tempratur (aprx 90c):eek:

I don't get it guys ? How can the engine run too cool if it has a working thermostat ? If the thermostat does what it supposed to, it wouldn't matter if the radiator was a square-mile and made from gold....:hmm: The thermostat wont give the radiator water to cool before it has the right tempratur (aprx 90c):eek:

just going by what the first poster said, which is that his engine runs at 150. we were not trying to figure out the cause for that.
cheers,
J

you are correct, sir. We were simply making the point that an engine can run too cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom