Buying 1993 Land Cruiser Prado SX 3.0 turbo Two Door (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
New here. Getting rid of my old Mini Cooper and think I'm going to buy a 1993 Land Cruiser Prado SX 3.0 turbo. It's imported by YOTA in Bend, Or., and I love the size of the car for city and off road driving. It's going to be a daily driver, which doesn't get a huge amount of use, but I want it to be super reliable.

It's got 223,000 km (138,000 miles) on it, and the dealer is going to be repairing some paint work, as well as changing all the belts, fluids, and checking timing, water, pump, tensioner, valves and leaving on the toyota wheels. It's $15,000.

I'm wondering if y'all think it's a good idea - it's a huge investment for me, and I don't want to do something silly. It feels like it has a LOT of miles on it, but then I've heard Land Cruiser engines regularly run for another 100,000 - 200,000 miles over the odos 138,000 miles already clocked.

I'm going to have an independent mechanic go check it out before I have it shipped to NYC, but wanted to check on here for thoughts, and red flags, or support, before I pulled the trigger!
Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 7.54.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 7.55.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 7.55.16 AM.png

Even though its badged as a Prado, its is still a 70 series and you will find more owners over there. (This is the 90 series forum)

And in regards to your question, I would ask for it at a lower price and do all the maintenance items yourself after getting advice from knowledgable owners. I doubt the car yard will have the facilities to check all those items and my biggest worry is that they maybe done incorrectly or not at all. Unless you can find a mechanic with experience in Toyota diesels, he probably wont know what he is looking at.

I would be asking where the spare wheel carrier is (there is an inside and outside part to it) and if there is any rust under those fg flares.

If OP is still around, check this here

FYSA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom