Buyin', Sellin', and Tradin' (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FLEX!

Hope it's still there for a few more weeks, as I may get a chance to check it out in person.

Feeler post. 1977 fj 40 project . I do not know how long I will be without a shop. The wife and i are relocating west. I might put the forty on ice or if someone is looking for a project and the price is right I will let it go. I would be willing to sell everything drivetrain and truck for 5000. Or the truck minus the engine, auto trans,and transfer case for 3500. Here is what I have done to the truck. Added metal tech full cage, tube fenders, ruff stuff spring over kit and front axle cut and turned, scout hi steer box drill and tapped, 4x4 labs high steer kit six stud, gm steering column with tilt, gm hydro boost master cylinder, New wiring harness, cut out and fixed rusty floor, and body, rear brake converted to disk, New brake lines front and back. There is probably more that I can not think of now. The drive train is a gm 6.2 diesel with turbo kit. The engine has been rebuilt, 700r4 auto that is rebuilt and beefed up, gm203 to Toyota transfer case dual setup. Again I will sell with or without this setup. Just give me a pm. Forgot the front and rear are locked.
Thanks.
IMG_20130112_151656.jpg

Last edited:
The wife and i are relocating west.

Thanks.

So apparently if you have any desires to move west you simply have to be elected Ga Cruisers president. Robert is just gonna love this news. :flipoff2:

So apparently if you have any desires to move west you simply have to be elected Ga Cruisers president. Robert is just gonna love this news. :flipoff2:

Don't worry Ted, I got this... lol.

Dennis,

This is a bummer you are moving as I was going to have some company in the 3g/4g/Tacoma platform with IFS.
I think we should hold a special election and nominate Ted or better yet, just appoint him by Exective Order; seems to be popular these days...
:hillbilly::hillbilly::hillbilly:

Dennis,

This is a bummer you are moving as I was going to have some company in the 3g/4g/Tacoma platform with IFS.
I think we should hold a special election and nominate Ted or better yet, just appoint him by Exective Order; seems to be popular these days...

always wanted to move west but that's no license to kick me. :flipoff2:

Dennis,

I'll vote for Ted.

I don't know if it counts but I'll be bringing the :princess:s 4Runner to a couple of events. I'm not gonna wheel it hard (unless the wifey isn't there :D) It's IFS though. And Dan's GX is pretty much the same truck. So you won't be totally alone.

Anybody have an extra IFS box from a mini laying around? I have one but it's leaking badly. I need a decent one for my hi steer. Let me know!!

Guys,

LONG time lurker here. I live in Canton, and here's my situation...

I'm the second owner of an FJ62 - the first owner lived in Gainesville, Florida, and I bought it back in 1999. I've never off-roaded it and only drove it on weekends. It is all stock.

A few months ago, my job changed and I was issued a take home car. With the G-ride, the LC, my former daily driver (2002 4-dr Tacoma) and my wife's Camry we have too many vehicles. Wife wants to park in the garage again, so something has to go.

The interior, engine, headliner, and body of the LC are all in great shape. All the maintenance has been done by the guys at Marietta Toyota. Tires are new, as well. The color is two-toned brown.

Now for the bad. The tranny is probably gone, and theres a slight oil leak, I'm assuming from the rear main seal. Theres a quarter sized rust spot on the passenger side near the roof line- where the previous owner had a roof rack. Theres also a small rust spot on the passenger side front wheel well, but that's it.

I do not want to make any money on the old girl, but I DO want it to go to a good Landcruiser home. If anyone is interested, please PM me, and I'll send photos and discuss the price. Im only looking for 2000 or so, but price is definitely negotiable for the right person...

Thanks for your time,

Billy

Guys,

LONG time lurker here. I live in Canton, and here's my situation...

I'm the second owner of an FJ62 - the first owner lived in Gainesville, Florida, and I bought it back in 1999. I've never off-roaded it and only drove it on weekends. It is all stock.

A few months ago, my job changed and I was issued a take home car. With the G-ride, the LC, my former daily driver (2002 4-dr Tacoma) and my wife's Camry we have too many vehicles. Wife wants to park in the garage again, so something has to go.

The interior, engine, headliner, and body of the LC are all in great shape. All the maintenance has been done by the guys at Marietta Toyota. Tires are new, as well. The color is two-toned brown.

Now for the bad. The tranny is probably gone, and theres a slight oil leak, I'm assuming from the rear main seal. Theres a quarter sized rust spot on the passenger side near the roof line- where the previous owner had a roof rack. Theres also a small rust spot on the passenger side front wheel well, but that's it.

I do not want to make any money on the old girl, but I DO want it to go to a good Landcruiser home. If anyone is interested, please PM me, and I'll send photos and discuss the price. Im only looking for 2000 or so, but price is definitely negotiable for the right person...

Thanks for your time,

Billy
Post up some pictures.

Wish I had $2K to blow. Reminds me of the good ole days when I had my 62. Although yours has much less rust. lol

FJ62

Thanks 89s...

It hurts to let this one go and i KNOW I'll regret it, but it is going for a good cause. Ill probably sell my Tacoma too and use the money from both put towards a Hundy...

Misc Early Toyota Parts for sale

I have a few misc toyota parts for sale. I'm trying to fund some dual cases, so I am not interested in trades - See pics below text.

1985 front and rear axles - stock, 4.10 ratio, open diffs - $200 for both ($150 front; $50 rear)

Top-shift gear-drive transfer case - no shift lever - $150

Budbuilt skid plate, single case, fits '79-83 trucks, powder coated black (nearly brand new) - $200 (this will be the last to go as it is currently installed)

Matching stock front and rear leaf springs fr '81 pickup - $50

Stock '81 Asian carb - $50

Camper shell (see photo of truck below) - fits '79-83 pickups - $100

I'm located in Athens and am willing to meet within 30-40 miles. Cash only.

Send me a pm and I can provide more pics or my contact info.

IMG_0080.jpg

20130128_173045_zps23689628.jpg

20130128_173017_zps08ecf553.jpg

20121104_130901_zpscee83aa9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom