Buyer beware !! ( of seller ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have to share this because I still can't believe what I'm seeing ... Some of you might remember that I purchased my '97 LC off of EBay . You might also remember the ordeal that it became ...

Tonite I got on the web with a co-worker . I said , 'hey , lets look up the dealership that I bought my LC off of ' . I went to EBAy's site and placed the dealerships name in the search engine , and got nothing . Not too surprising sice only a few months ago when I did that , I discovered the owner had been suspended from EBay .

Next I placed the dealerships name into google.ca . Here's the page that came up :

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txs/releases/September 2002/020917-singh.htm

When you get down towards the 'The Arrest , The "****BERG" INDICTMENT"' you'll see the owners name '************* ", the alleged owner of *B* Motors . Turns out that according to Interpol , he's part of one of the worlds largest ecstasy smuggling crime organizations . Seems he used car-sales proceeds to launder money .

And to think I ate lunch with the guy , spent a few days with him and his Turkish brothers , and have a number of friendly 5x7 glossy's to prove it !

Just goes to show you .. buyer beware --- of seller !

Cheers ,

Tyler

Last edited:
similar situation...I purchased a used Getzen Severensen model trumpet when I was in 8th grade....guy was arrested for running drugs and guns about a month later.... :eek:

Tyler (nice to see you again)

You may want to check your tires to make sure you didn't import any pills :D

Cheers, Hugh

Tyler,
Glad to hear from you again! Think about this - If you have some 5 X 7's the Gov't probably has some too featuring you.
Bill

Woody , I bought a used b-flat cornet in grade eight *G* . Never followed up on the previous owner though .... all I know is the poor thing was dented so bad all over , it looked like rather 'crinkled' :)

Gee , maybe I shouldn't have traded in those tires so quickly .. :p

Interesting to look back at the situation as it played out , now that I have this information . For instance , I took their secretary out for lunch while I was down in Houston , and she went on and on about this guy she was falling for . She'd meet him on weekends on his farm , yadda yadda . BUT the interesting pc of info there is he was DEA !!! So was she also an agent , or was she an unwitting pipeline of intel back to the Dept. ? Lots to reflect on ... 8)

Peace , Tyler

So, Tyler,

I guess there's more to you than Fancy custom drapes? :D

What's behind curtain #2?

Did you guys hear about that guy who bought a car at a US gov't auction, then not long after the transaction, the gov't found drugs hidden in the bumper and arrested him for possession of narcotics?

Yo T - where you been dude. I've been hit n miss lately and just noticed you were posting again. You doing ok? Guess I blew it cause I could have said never missed ya :flipoff2: :tossoff3LOL:

'PS:I would have included some cash , but I'd already sealed the envelope..'

Junk , besides being investigated for hacking , my life is honky-dory !

You have to take good care man ... get second , and third opinions and do what the best guy/gla tells ya to ... no BS

Oh , and no more aspertame , no cookies and definately no flammable hair products .. :D

Cheers Mike !

T

Tyler,

I could care less about the sound system mods on your truck but please give me the details on "Specialty chai tea beverage adapter." I gotta have one of those for Pristine.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom