Buyer beware !! ( of seller )

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by T Y L E R, Jun 25, 2003.

1. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

I have to share this because I still can't believe what I'm seeing ... Some of you might remember that I purchased my '97 LC off of EBay . You might also remember the ordeal that it became ...

Tonite I got on the web with a co-worker . I said , 'hey , lets look up the dealership that I bought my LC off of ' . I went to EBAy's site and placed the dealerships name in the search engine , and got nothing . Not too surprising sice only a few months ago when I did that , I discovered the owner had been suspended from EBay .

Next I placed the dealerships name into google.ca . Here's the page that came up :

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txs/releases/September 2002/020917-singh.htm

When you get down towards the 'The Arrest , The "****BERG" INDICTMENT"' you'll see the owners name '************* ", the alleged owner of *B* Motors . Turns out that according to Interpol , he's part of one of the worlds largest ecstasy smuggling crime organizations . Seems he used car-sales proceeds to launder money .

And to think I ate lunch with the guy , spent a few days with him and his Turkish brothers , and have a number of friendly 5x7 glossy's to prove it !

Just goes to show you .. buyer beware --- of seller !

Cheers ,

Tyler

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    similar situation...I purchased a used Getzen Severensen model trumpet when I was in 8th grade....guy was arrested for running drugs and guns about a month later.... :eek:

3. CDN_Cruiser

CDN_Cruiser

Tyler (nice to see you again)

You may want to check your tires to make sure you didn't import any pills :D

Cheers, Hugh

4. Photoman

Photoman SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Tyler,
    Glad to hear from you again! Think about this - If you have some 5 X 7's the Gov't probably has some too featuring you.
    Bill

5. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Woody , I bought a used b-flat cornet in grade eight *G* . Never followed up on the previous owner though .... all I know is the poor thing was dented so bad all over , it looked like rather 'crinkled' :)

Gee , maybe I shouldn't have traded in those tires so quickly .. :p

Interesting to look back at the situation as it played out , now that I have this information . For instance , I took their secretary out for lunch while I was down in Houston , and she went on and on about this guy she was falling for . She'd meet him on weekends on his farm , yadda yadda . BUT the interesting pc of info there is he was DEA !!! So was she also an agent , or was she an unwitting pipeline of intel back to the Dept. ? Lots to reflect on ... 8)

Peace , Tyler

6. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    So, Tyler,

I guess there's more to you than Fancy custom drapes? :D

What's behind curtain #2?

7. Jim_Chow

Jim_Chow

Did you guys hear about that guy who bought a car at a US gov't auction, then not long after the transaction, the gov't found drugs hidden in the bumper and arrested him for possession of narcotics?

8. Junk

Junk

Yo T - where you been dude. I've been hit n miss lately and just noticed you were posting again. You doing ok? Guess I blew it cause I could have said never missed ya :flipoff2: :tossoff3LOL:

9. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

'PS:I would have included some cash , but I'd already sealed the envelope..'

Junk , besides being investigated for hacking , my life is honky-dory !

You have to take good care man ... get second , and third opinions and do what the best guy/gla tells ya to ... no BS

Oh , and no more aspertame , no cookies and definately no flammable hair products .. :D

Cheers Mike !

T

10. Beowulf

Beowulf

Tyler,

I could care less about the sound system mods on your truck but please give me the details on "Specialty chai tea beverage adapter." I gotta have one of those for Pristine.

-B-

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.