Buyer Be Aware: 1993 HZJ73 - HZJ730004739

SteveJackson

Supporting Vendor
1993 HZJ73
VIN HZJ730004739 (HZJ73-0004739)
Adventure-Motors, Lee's Summit, Missouri

No disclosure for previous wreck and body damage. Previously sold in Japan marked wrecked/repaired, pass side rear quarter and door. Last sold in Japan covered in deep body dents on pass side of hood/fender, pass side rear door, driver side door, driver side quarter, pass side wing fender. This truck has been repaired and repainted multiple times.

Disclaimer:
Per several discussions in the classifieds sections here on 'mud, the community has indicated that they would appreciate that I share information about vehicles I see for sale in North America, when documented historical information is available.

Unless otherwise noted, I make no further claims about this vehicle as I have not inspected it personally. Also unless otherwise noted, I give the seller the benefit of the doubt as to whether they are aware of this information.

This information is being provided as a service to the Land Cruiser and Ih8mud communities to encourage transparency in the representation and sale of out-of-market LC's.

Sometimes when I send this information to sellers, they respond with something along the lines of "how would you like it if I posted the auction reports for all of your trucks?" My response is always, "feel free." At LCD, we go out of our way to disclose everything we know about any vehicle we are selling. Our direct access to vehicles in Japan and other markets allows us to get history information not typically available to most importers. We don't buy any trucks with any kind of wreck/repair history, anything with less than a 3.0 rating (at auction), or anything with any odometer discrepancies.

5dd74ca8f813558290e9a002914f4b2ecf0d9258.jpg

5f0f3e0922520f03bb5a983f5cfb7bae6d59b7fe.jpg

9a8dd5a0c503f4aee50fb4335fc27b0ebc1eee4d.jpg

9a54579fd834bd96a9312fbd960d92b1de8c9e36.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Definitely noticed that one while searching around. Thanks for taking the time to do these, crazy they don't disclose a history such as that, especially considering the price they are asking for it. Just out of curiosity, when something is marked as "wrecked/repaired", how bad is that sort of damage? I assume it's more than a fender bender.

SteveJackson

Supporting Vendor
Definitely noticed that one while searching around. Thanks for taking the time to do these, crazy they don't disclose a history such as that, especially considering the price they are asking for it. Just out of curiosity, when something is marked as "wrecked/repaired", how bad is that sort of damage? I assume it's more than a fender bender.
Thanks for your comments!

Wrecked/Repaired can mean a lot of different things. In theory, there are degrees of wreck/repair damage. We might see ratings such as R, RA, RB, R1, R2, R3, all meant to denote the degree of damage. However, it's a bit subjective between each auction house and even between inspectors. I always joke that "wrecked/repaired" could be mean "minor fender bender" or "cut in half by the bullet train". Because we don't know which, LCD never buys anything with any kind of wrecked/repaired history. This truck has been through the auctions multiple times, inspection sheets show "replaced/repaired" marks on the passenger quarter, passenger door and passenger tail light. So it's been repainted at least twice.

In this case, the seller is aware of the damage history and the recent bodywork but is not disclosing it in their ad.

Top Bottom