Buyer Be Aware: 1991 HDJ81 - HDJ810016379 (1 Viewer)

SteveJackson

Supporting Vendor
1991 HDJ81
VIN HDJ810016379 (HDJ81-0016379)
Mendel's Garage, Philadelphia, PA

This vehicle was advertised as having "127K KM" and "79000 miles". Auction data shows it was sold in Japan with 275,424KM. Odometer has been rolled back. Michael at Mendel's Garage is a repeat offender and is aware that he is selling misrepresented trucks. This truck was sold to a Mud member who contacted me to ask about parts. When he discovered the discrepancy, the buyer forced Mendel's to undo the sale and return his payment. A few weeks later, the truck was sold to another Mud member without disclosing the odometer rollback.

Disclaimer:
Per several discussions in the classifieds sections here on 'mud, the community has indicated that they would appreciate that I share information about vehicles I see for sale in North America, when documented historical information is available.

Unless otherwise noted, I make no further claims about this vehicle as I have not inspected it personally. Also unless otherwise noted, I give the seller the benefit of the doubt as to whether they are aware of this information.

This information is being provided as a service to the Land Cruiser and Ih8mud communities to encourage transparency in the representation and sale of out-of-market LC's.

Sometimes when I send this information to sellers, they respond with something along the lines of "how would you like it if I posted the auction reports for all of your trucks?" My response is always, "feel free." At LCD, we go out of our way to disclose everything we know about any vehicle we are selling. Our direct access to vehicles in Japan and other markets allows us to get history information not typically available to most importers. We don't buy any trucks with any kind of wreck/repair history, anything with less than a 3.0 rating (when at auction), or anything with any odometer discrepancies.

00616-HDJ81-3.jpg
00616-HDJ81-1.jpg
00616-HDJ81-2.jpg
IMG_6225.PNG

Attachments

• hdj810016379ebay.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 73

SteveJackson

Supporting Vendor
Wow Steve
How do you have any time to get any work done with all these scam artist pr*cks you're chasing down. Seriously thanks for all your efforts, if you save even one person from getting royally dicked by these idiots you've done a real good thing.
Cheers

Thanks for the comment! I usually see these by chance, there are so many more that I don’t see or don’t have time to track down. Some may see it as self-serving, but I really do hate seeing people get screwed.