Buyer Be Aware: 1988 BJ74 - BJ740002984

SteveJackson

Supporting Vendor
1988 BJ74
VIN BJ740002984 (BJ74-0002984)
Mendel's Garage, Philadelphia, PA

This vehicle was advertised as having "91K" miles. Auction data from Japan shows it was sold with 247,972 KM. Odometer has been rolled back. Michael at Mendel's Garage is a repeat offender and is aware that he is selling misrepresented trucks. Michael at Mendel's Garage was informed of the discrepancy and did not update any sales material before selling to an unknown buyer.

Disclaimer:
Per several discussions in the classifieds sections here on 'mud, the community has indicated that they would appreciate that I share information about vehicles I see for sale in North America, when documented historical information is available.

Unless otherwise noted, I make no further claims about this vehicle as I have not inspected it personally. Also unless otherwise noted, I give the seller the benefit of the doubt as to whether they are aware of this information.

This information is being provided as a service to the Land Cruiser and Ih8mud communities to encourage transparency in the representation and sale of out-of-market LC's.

Sometimes when I send this information to sellers, they respond with something along the lines of "how would you like it if I posted the auction reports for all of your trucks?" My response is always, "feel free." At LCD, we go out of our way to disclose everything we know about any vehicle we are selling. Our direct access to vehicles in Japan and other markets allows us to get history information not typically available to most importers. We don't buy any trucks with any kind of wreck/repair history, anything with less than a 3.0 rating (when at auction), or anything with any odometer discrepancies.

00727-BJ74-3.jpg
00727-BJ74-1.jpg
00727-BJ74-2.jpg

Attachments

Top Bottom