buy rebuilt steering box? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Buy a rebuilt steering box or rebuild the one that I have? I can not afford $570 for SOR item. Low on funds, but I have heard that to rebuild one is very difficult if the person has not done it before. It does not look there are too many parts, though.

It is a non-power steering unit.

i wish you wouldve posted about 2 weeks ago. i threw one away when i changed my steering setup. damn

not to hijack, but i am interested in a manual box too, pre 9/72 if you got it. i would like to rebuild mine since i dont need PS yet and dont have the money to do it...

are the post 9/72 boxes much different? i somehow remember seeing a rag joint, but not sure. maybe adapting to the older box would be possible... although that kind of fabbing could take more than a saginaw box.

beers and shipping, or what is fair $$-wise as always.

PM me if yous gots one sittin' around...

e

Hi All:

If anyone needs a manual steering gearbox from a FJ40, KI have one or two out in the garage - PM me; you can have one for the cost of shipping.

Alan
Seattle

I am hi-jacking too. Are the 40 and 55 box the same? I have a 78' 55 and my manual box is leaking badly and has a fair amount of play. If any of ya'll have one that is decent you are looking to get rid of let me know. I am just south of Seattle.

Bull, I sent ya an email about yours but I never heard back.....did the message make it to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom