Wanted Buy ASAP Denver ~$5000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi,

In Denver, Co, buying a 4Runner/Landcruiser with my son by Sunday April 15th in the $5000 price range, plus minus a bit. Looked at a bunch on craigslist, but nothing concrete yet.

Thought I would shout out here and see if there was a chance there is anything from the ih8mud crowd.

He is more interested in a sound running vehicle and can handle cosmetic issues. 62, 80, 100, 3rd/4th gen 4Runner 4wd.

Thanks,
Eric

Looks like there are A LOT of decent 4Runners between $3k and $6k in the area. I have to imagine that is going to be the easiest find for your budget, given the supply.

Looks like there are a few 80/100 that may be worth a look:

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Fj80

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser AWD

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser AWD - Over 500 Vehicles to Choose From!

If you can stretch the budget just a bit, an early GX might work:

2004 Lexus GX 470 4x4 Leather Moon Roof Easy Financing *32909

Given the budget and supply, I'd focus on a gen 3 4Runner. Hopefully you can grab a nice one that has been well maintained and recently had the ~180k service stuff.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. We drove 7 of the Craigslist, all 3rd gen as you said. Really nice rigs.

One was perfect, but the price keep climbing from as we negotiated. He did not really want to sell.

All in that price range had rust, mostly around the windshields. Many had cracked Windshields.

My son found a 2002 pathfinder Le in pristine shape and he jumped on it. We got to see it on a lift and it appeared to be a garage keep example.

Thanks for the response.

-Eric

Yeah, rust is the killer.

Congrats to your son on the new ride! I've never owned one, but those early 2000s Pathfinders are cool. Should be a great vehicle, given how thorough it seems you guys have been.

edit Congrats on the new ride I see that yo ufound a rig

Hi

Thanks for the reply. We drove 7 of the Craigslist, all 3rd gen as you said. Really nice rigs.

One was perfect, but the price keep climbing from as we negotiated. He did not really want to sell.

All in that price range had rust, mostly around the windshields. Many had cracked Windshields.

My son found a 2002 pathfinder Le in pristine shape and he jumped on it. We got to see it on a lift and it appeared to be a garage keep example.

Thanks for the response.

-Eric

MAKE SURE YOU TELL YOUR BOY, THAT IF HE SEES A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN A BAR AND SHE IS CHEAP, DON'T JUMP ON IT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom