Butchered half-finished FJ40 on BAT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hard to look at this messed up Cruiser... So much wrong and very little right. And it's not even a SA lipstick queen. BAT

do tell, I see some shocks mounted wrong, crazy brake lines, stupid ublots, what else ? where's Waldo ?

my favorite parts are the rear driveshaft showing an inch of splines and completely out of phase, and the uncapped vacuum ports right on top of the intake

the out of phase and way short driveshaft say volumes about whoever put it together, same theory throughout. Missing bolt on spring pin. I saw a few other silly little things, shame because its solid and un modified, could have been easy to clean it up right, paging wngrog...

I agree on easy fixs but the lack of all/any seems is concerning and if you look at fender alignment at rocker step it is all wrong. Brake lines are , well, not right and I cant get past if someone installed the d-line like that what else was installed, wrong, ugly, unsafe ?

Knew you folks would enjoy this mess. I'm scratching my head about the marker lights/turn signals on the lower front bib between the grill and the bumper.

That rear diff also doesn’t look like it will have much gear oil left soon.

The passenger rear curve is “off” at the hardtop edge

Is the rear an aluminum half tub?

Driver side wheel well: the connection between the tub and the frame mounting point is misaligned

My first thought was Aqualu half tub or just fabbed the quarters from scratch. Yeah, definitely some issues, but the best part is reading all the purists get worked up. We got some Concours judges in training. :popcorn:

How about the missing cap on the air cleaner completely bypassing the air filter.
Didn't that uncapped port originally go to the smog pump? I don't see an air rail
Traditionally, should not the exhaust pipes go on top of the skid plate?

New lights are so cheap and easily obtainable for these that I can’t imagine how stupid you have to be to use trailer lights instead.

All those leafs in the rear and the lower shock mounts point to a 45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom