But who among you will sell off your current cruiser to get the FJ Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
huh? huh?

;p

Either you're loaded .. or a bit hesitant to part with your hard wrought steel for an unknown quantity.

We get any up to date photos yet?

TY

I'll just have to move and have a bigger garage if I decide to get one. Let them get out there for a couple of years and see how they are first. I'd like to see one up close too!

Since I have a 77 and a 97, I can't really get another one until 2017. Unless I buy an 87 then I could get a 2007.

Romer said:
Since I have a 77 and a 97, I can't really get another one until 2017. Unless I buy an 87 then I could get a 2007.

LOL, that's a good plan Romer, go for the 60.
I can't see getting rid of my 91 for an FJcruiser, but getting an FJcruiser as a daily might be an option.

No way Ill get rid of my current rides for the new fj. I think Ill wait until they start showing up for sale used. by that time, I hope someone has already developed a solid axle swap kit for it. Ill slap on some 35's, lock-it, bumpers with a winch and wheel the hell out of it! :flipoff2:

As many times as I think about selling the 40 - Seems I have always owned one through out my driving time. I guess I can rake in enough to buy a new FJ cruiser - something which I see as a lark - will modify - off road it a bunch then who knows - vehicles now are just disposable

Besides Toyota will be practically giving these away with zero financing - so who needs money :)

I would likely give it a while to see how they look and what the response to them is among the owners. I would be tempted to sell my BJ42 if the FJ Cruiser is a good vehicle. The lack of AC makes the BJ uncomfortable to use for a good bit of the year in the deep South.

For sure i'd like to have a FJ cruiser but I wouls NEVER sell my rust bucket to have one.

me....for sure

Maybe the T-100. Probably the Echo. Depends what Cruiser I have when they come out. I'll probably have to get rid of something.

I'd bet the dealer would get a big giant wet spot if i traded the stockish 40 for one. That the truck i least want to keep. I bet they'd stick that sucker right on the showroom floor next to the FJ Cruiser with some ridiculous price tag on it. That or stick it out front to get people to come in and look.

I would sell my 80. I have sold everything else at one point or another, why break the habit?

I would not sell my 60 for a FJ Cruiser. I might consider replacing my daily driver with an FJ, if it came in Diesel. Right now, that's the only advantage the Liberty has over the FJ in my eyes.

Fred

I dont think i'd ever sell my 80 for an fj....plus, even if i, or anyone wanted to get one i think it would be smart to wait at least two or three years. So often with new cars it seems like it takes a few years before they ad some cool options or just tweak it better overall.
Example, i think after a few years they may get rid of the stupid access door, i think it looks odd and having used one on a truck, they arent very functional.

I would love to see a two door, SWB version, with a SFA and selectable lockers front and rear....now that i might be able to part with the 80 for....oh and it MUST have leather! not

Cruiserhead05 said:
I dont think i'd ever sell my 80 for an fj....plus, even if i, or anyone wanted to get one i think it would be smart to wait at least two or three years. So often with new cars it seems like it takes a few years before they ad some cool options or just tweak it better overall.
Example, i think after a few years they may get rid of the stupid access door, i think it looks odd and having used one on a truck, they arent very functional.

I would love to see a two door, SWB version, with a SFA and selectable lockers front and rear....now that i might be able to part with the 80 for....oh and it MUST have leather! not
I don't think they will get rid of the access door, they are awesome! We have the same set up on our Element. Get a couple dogs, a kid and a kid seat and you will see how much better they are than 2 doors, or even 4 "regular" doors in most situations. Way better access for getting cargo in/out the side, more legroom is possible, as the seats aren't tied to the door placement like they are in a traditional 4 door, etc.

Wouldn't sell my FZJ80, but if the price point is within reason, I may get one for my son.

Never, my 60 is finally coming along, it has a better look and better drivetrain to it (in my opinion) then the new FJ.

And besides, the 4-door Taco is more praticle for me and the same platform.

I'd consider it if toyota is allowed to import a diesel model and once they fix the rear quarter panels. It looks like the front and back were designed by two dif. people.

Won't sell the Cruiser/LX, probably replace the Element with an FJ Cruiser :)

Don't have a Cruiser. Would have probably bought the FJ Cruiser if it was around when I bought my 04 Xterra as my 89 Toyota pickup has been great. Signed on to this site to learn about the FJ Cruiser. Got possessed -- Now thinking about getting an FJ40 to join my X and 89 Toyota SR5 pickup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom