Busted shackles! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The other day I went for a pleasure drive in a sand pit near where I live.
I tested the truck abilitys to climb sand dunes and also tested my flex.
Then I stop on a small bump for a poser shot, and when I get out of the truck I notice one of my shakle sitting a little sideway :doh:
Get back home driving 50km/h max and no problem.
Now, what are my options? At toyota a single shakle kit cost 400$, I'd like to re-do them both at the same time since they were tired anyway.
Should I get a suspension shop make me a new shakle kit, or go with toyota or what else?
Also, how hard a job is that? My biggest mechanical achievement being I changed a starter by myself on my old toy p/u.
Any help would help :)
Thanks
Matt

Daystar makes replacement, stock length greasable shackles for the BJ70. I bought them for my front end, along with bushings, through Spector Offroad. Not too expensive-less than $75 US.

Matt, find a fellow wheeler nearby, someone with a welder that does side work and get him to make you a couple sets. Probably the cheapest way to go, that way you can get out and buy material, drill some holes, help him out with the whole thing and you'll have the perfect idea as to what goes into making them.
Cheers
Dan

no don't pay 400.. rip off.

call 4wheel auto and get a set of aftermarket ones. or do SOR and get a lifted shackle. your springs are prolly sagged anyhow.

IMOP

Hey.. wait a minute, I think I mismatched words here..
The thing that broke are my leaf springs not my shakles!
I'm sorry, but being french canadian is hard in an all english country, except for where I live :whoops:
Well anyhow, same story, different item.
I'm going to go chek around for these today and for some installation quote too.

Thanx, and sorry for the error.

Matt

btw : my truck is a 70 series canadian.

There may be someone on this forum with some used 70 springs for sale. Don't buy'em new!

Well.. if I get them used will they last a long time or will I have to get another used set in.. let's say a year or two?
And what's the cost of new one, without going to Toyota.
I had a guy trying to rip me off by offering to re-arch them and changing my broken one for 475$ a set! I can get them new for less!
If the whole thing runs me over 1k$ I'd better go with a susp.lift and kill two birds with one stone no?

Tes lames d'en avant ?... Il me semble que Pierre les avaient changé ? (C'est ce qu'il disait...)

Si cela peut t'aider... j'ai ajouté une lames dans mes pack d'en arrière + re-arch de mon ex-BJ60 pour 233 avec taxe ici à MTL.

Téléphone moi si tu veux...

Yeah well I better keep looking for a good deal.
I'd prefer to change them instead of having them re-arched, since they're old.
I'll just keep looking and keep you inform!
Thanx!

If you end up needing shackles all the same, I have 2 sets, extended and greasable that I can sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom