Bushing removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I am replacing my bushings in the front leaf springs...both on the front shackles and the back tear drop pin. But I'm having a heck of a time gettin the old bushings out. How have you guys removed your's in the past?
I already searched on here and can't find an answer.

Thanks, Chuck

im assuming this is AFTER you've removed the pin?
I took a sawz-all, and jambed the blade through the bushing, and slit it down to the metal, them, pried it out with a screwdriver.
another time, i sawed off the flange part of the bushing, and pounder it out through the other side with a piece of wood.
If you're having trouble getting out the pin, dont waste your time. cut it , and replace it.
others will say use a torch, but i cant see spending the time. and you can buy greasable pins!!!

I have hit them with a air hammer, I have used a torch both have worked for me. Be careful with the heat though. If you even have a small propane one that might work. The shackle pins can be a bear though. do you have the shackles and pins out already?

Yeah I got the pins out. The rear one was a pain in the arse....figured a few taps wouldn't hurt...well kinda crinked some of the threads...oh well I'll get it back on there. Gonna try that sawzall approach....the key to construction is destruction!

Hammer that was a great idea! Took me all of 5 minutes to cut out the bushings on one spring. Now I'm waiting on the liquid wrench to loosen the nuts up on the other side. Thanks Again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom