Bushes are getting full (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Threads
I just did away with the coffee can resonator and its giant mount today. Tossed it in the bushes with:
the ashtray
the head unit
the console cover
the front bumper
that stupid manik brush guard
the sun roof wind deflector
the 5" "subwoofer" and amp
running boards

How 'bout y'all?

Gumby,

toss that stupid brush guard this way, otherwise I need to dig through your bushes.

andre

You deserve to be beaten over the head with that brush guard for wanting it. :D :flipoff2:

only had my cruiser for about 4 months and have tossed the ash tray, sub and box, running boards, front bumper, fact roof rack, ect...

How much louder is the exhaust w/o the resonator?

Bob Garrett

I sold my running boards to a couple that posted looking for them on ACME about 2 years ago. Can't remember, but I think I got $350 + $75 to put them on in some supermarket parking lot using the CO2 and air rachet. :D

runningh boards. brush gaurd ....trashed fron bumper. corner lamp. fender flares. old springs and shocks, one bent up drag link, 8 inches off the rear frame.....seriously my pile is getting pretty good.......pretty soon i will have some tashed 35 inch MTRs in there........cant wait for the 37's!....i think all of that stuff is to trashed to sell........ i am starting to wonder if i could ever sell me 80 if i had too.

[quote author=NW-sickboy link=board=2;threadid=9208;start=msg80252#msg80252 date=1072333918].... i am starting to wonder if i could ever sell me 80 if i had too.
[/quote]

No... :D

[quote author=floatinghat link=board=2;threadid=9208;start=msg80147#msg80147 date=1072306341]
Gumby,

toss that stupid brush guard this way, otherwise I need to dig through your bushes.

andre
[/quote]
Andre,
I watched Gumby go through the creek and come down hard on a boulder. And that was pretty much the end of that Manik bar, I think I have the video of that somewhere. :eek:

Ash tray in bushes, where do you put your change and odd keys?
what is in its place?
the head unit, is that the radio???
the console cover, whats that?

i may be crazy but i am assuming hes got a Cb radio mounted where the ash tray is like i did and the head unit is the stereo also known as a face plate. What did you do for your mount if you cut off the coffee can?

mike

Well all I need is a stinking fly rod holder! But put that video up I would love to see it. As for getting hit over the head with one, after a dozen years of playing rugby I don't think I would notice.

andre

I am going to be able to reply to towing post as I hooked up my inflatable raft and trailer this morning (whole think comes in around 300lbs)

CB in place of the ashtray. Stray junk goes in the middle square thing in front of the center console. Different cover on the center console that actually has cup holders and eliminates the "cruiser lean".
head unit is the radio. I replaced it with a 6 disc in dash changer from a Mazda.
The pipe was pretty well mounted without the coffee can, but I added a universal mount on the end anyway.
Scott witnessed the end of the manik bar. Woody did in the manik tube steps. i don't know if the bumper corners are gonna go back on either. They're pretty bent.

Todd - Can you post pics or details of the replacement console cover with cup holders?

Or should I search for previous post, sounds like worthwhile discussion.

LOL - "the cruiser lean". That's good... :doh:

R

Sorry Gumby, did a search for 'center console', 'console', 'cup holder', 'cupholder', and finally 'armrest' with your username, nothing with pics turned up (just other mentions by you saying "do a search").

So. Get off your lazy butt, and SHOW ME DA PIX! :flipoff2:

By the way Gumby, you asked awhile ago what I thought of the cupholder above the stereo. After a couple months of use, my verdict: works fine. It blocks the CD ingress/egress, which is a minor annoyance. Doesn't splash in any bumps I've encountered to date. Well worth $50 to me, considering the labor/time spent in fabbing something up. However I could use another, three is not enough, 1% of the time.

Thanks,
Kenton

P.S. Woody, if you're reading: search sucks. I get 'Warning page expired' all the time, and when I click BACK, I have to retype everything, and uncheck 'Check all' and then click '80s Tech'. E-V-E-R-Y-F-R-E-A-K-I-N-G-T-I-M-E. Am I whining? Sure, but if you want people to search more, ask repetitive questions less, you'd think the Search feature would be the most well-thought-out part of the BBS software.

I know it's not 80 stuff, but my bushes are full from shiyat from my 60: front and rear stock bumpers, 7 inches of steel from rear quarter panels from both sides, stock wheels, a trashed tail gate, smog equipment, old exhaust, crappy broken cd-player that had no working buttons on it, old crappy speakers, 3.70 diffs, couple of axle shafts, and a complete SF rear axle assembly... I think that's it. :p

-Ferg-

Here it is. Not a great color match, but it is very functional. i found the console top at Target the other day, so they still make them. I bolted it on there is a moment of desperation a couple of years ago and haven't bothered to find something better yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom