Bush Bar Strength Test...Sigh. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, my wife thought she would test out the strength of the 'ol bush bar today. She was just getting going at a light (probably just in 2nd gear) and apparently everyone else came to a sudden stop...and then she did too ;)

Anyways, it seems that the only obvious damage was that the cooling fan was rubbing on the housing so I removed the housing in a parking lot and we drove home. Highway speeds were fine. The rear seat at the bottom hinge point at the inner fender well busted through as I had a bunch of milk crates filled with tools in the back which gave the upper seat a bit of a push I guess!

I'll check and see why the fan shroud moved...didn't look like any buckling on the frame rails, and only a slight bend in the bush bar, so for the most part I think it's good. Probably going to do much worse on a trail one day ;)

No one was injured so that's most important, and the other company van just may get a facelift (or replacement) thanks to ICBC.

Pics show back of van that was rear ended and the front of our truck with the van's rear window glass on the ground.

60 series have a deceptively high amount of momentum when coming to a stop.

Sweet carnage! :flipoff2::zilla::steer:

Sorry to see that Paul! What a drag. Glad everyone is ok though. Hope your truck is still straight.

Glad to hear all are well Paul..

Looks about the same but reversed. Seems to be a common theme with landcruisers, right of weight and height XD

"Toyota industrial equipment" right on the back of the van where you hit it. Got that right!

the cross member in that 70 series looks bent.... Thats a big expensive bill.....

Sheared engine mount bolt seems to be cause of cooling fan rubbing and the exhaust rubbing on front inner fender well. They're gonna try and either rebuild/reinforce existing bushbar or maybe get an ARB if repair is too much. Couple other pinches and new rattles but nothing of serious consequence I don't think. We'll see if they find anything else...

I always joke that I need to reinforce my wife's 4Runner so it looks like something out of Mad Max with the way she drives. Glad to hear the damage is only material. Good luck getting your rig back together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom