Buschtaxitreffen Germany 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20220910_132349.jpg

20220910_132326.jpg

Moin Felde,
and thanks for uploading these pig's pics!
Had the opportunity to admire in person this gorgeous red-white pig at my local Toyota dealership in Northern Germany.
On the vehicle's info shield is stated "Not for sale" (unverkäuflich). This is the place I restored my BJ42...

View attachment 3110750
The red & white Iron Pig is owned by Toyota dealership Schuder in Hildesheim. Still not for sale...

Thank you Felde for your inquiry "in the field", its a service to the community!
You've got some very good shots! 👍

Although I am not a savvy on the materia, it can probaly add some info on what we already know concerning these parts...

Gosh, those prices. I know of a guy in New South Wales, Oz, who has collected about 30 x 40 series in different conditions in a big shed. That's a lot of Euro$$$!

Kind of amazing to see these prices unfold in my time. 20 years ago, I could pick up a 40 series for under $5kaud just under 3500euro or usd, in pretty good condition any day given..crazy world, wish they still made good stuff.

I guess Oz has more LCs. Just on the short suburban street here, there is a hj75, hj60 and hj61 before my eyes. All well loved. Also an ex military unimog, but I don't count them, they are another kettle of fish..

Surely a few unimogs would be in Germany?

Thanks for sharing Felde, the pretend castle puts my little humpy to great shame.:shame:

Surely a few unimogs would be in Germany?
Not on this event. I only saw 2 on the camp and one being the towing vehicle of a supporting vendor. A few other lorries here, too. But yes, in general there are many overlanding vehicles build from Unimogs in Germany.
There was an announcement up front that, due to the nature of the site being a public park and limited space, people should please refrain from bringing heavy trucks.

Inofficial figure: About 750-800 vehicles on site...

i hate crowds and planned events and such but this is one I'm into,
so many interesting vehicles and builds, and the venue is even cool

i hate crowds and planned events and such but this is one I'm into,
so many interesting vehicles and builds, and the venue is even cool
Yes. Well, the crowd at the articulation competition was an exception. All realy easy here. It's the first time on this venue. All hope we can continue having the event here, but if the meeting comes back to pre-pandemic dimension, it'll be too small. Time will tell.

I'm not particularly good in rating this or what to pay attention to. No idea what is acceptable, expectable or fair priced. They didn't exactly tell where the parts came from. It is what everybody can get from the few aftermarket manufacturers, I guess.
I saw similar quality on aftermarket Landrover parts from Britparts (s***parts) and Bearmach back the day.
Some pics..

View attachment 3110802

View attachment 3110803

View attachment 3110804

View attachment 3110805

View attachment 3110806
If that is one of the tubs sold by LRC it probably was manufactered for them in Turkey , next time I am in Europe I will go and see Rob and Luc to check out the aftermarket 70 series doors they are offering now . The 40's that LRC restores look very nice and Rob pays attention to details . Good solid cruiserhead and he has a ton of small parts that he gathered over the past 20 years before he turned it in to a full time bussines a couple of years ago .

If that is one of the tubs sold by LRC it probably was manufactered for them in Turkey , next time I am in Europe I will go and see Rob and Luc to check out the aftermarket 70 series doors they are offering now . The 40's that LRC restores look very nice and Rob pays attention to details . Good solid cruiserhead and he has a ton of small parts that he gathered over the past 20 years before he turned it in to a full time bussines a couple of years ago .
These parts were NOT at LRC !! I spoke to the LRC staff on site and I'm with you. Very dedicated crew.

When it comes to aftermarket parts, even as a company, there are two options only, I guess:
a) live with the quality available from the few manufacturers anywhere in the world or
b) do your own parts; to your ability to match effort, quality and price.

I'm uncomfortable referencing company names on the net, but facts need to be told: The pics were taken at the both of serie 4 . be .
Again: I know nothing about these parts and I do not judge them in any way.
Discussions on companies, prices, quality get out of hand pretty quick.
Cheers Ralf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom