1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burris scope.....

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by bigndn, Aug 5, 2005.

1. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    I won a coupon for 60% off any 1 item from Burris optics a while back. I temporarily misplaced it, but found it last night...........good thing, too, as it expires Sept 1 :doh: . I'm ordering this scope:
    http://www.burrisoptics.com/blackdiatitanium.html

Since I don't have a rifle to put it on, I guess I'll just have to get another one :crybaby: :doh: .

What do you guys think of Burris? I know they're high end, but do you have any personal experience with their products? I have a mixed bag of Leupolds, BSA, Nikon, Weaver, etc, but this will be my first Burris. Whacha think?

2. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

Burris is good, never had one but a few hunters I know have had great luck with them. I think you will be pleased...

3. NovaFZJ80

NovaFZJ80

Got one myself on my 30-06..suggestion from my old director who hunted big game and lived in Denver...think the guy that founded Burris left Redfield?? to start his own company...couldn't believe it cost almost as much as my 30-06.

4. mabrodis

mabrodis

FWIW on the sniper kit that Savage Arms sells to law enforcement with rifle, bipod, case, etc, all top-notch stuff, it comes with a Burris scope, so must be pretty good.

Edit: :doh: It useto include a Burris scope...now it's a Leupold scope..

Make a few copies of that 60% coupon.. :D

5. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    I wish I could......but it's kinda hard to duplicate watermarks and the like. Another bummer is that it was only good for ONE item, otherwise I woulda stocked up. Regardless, the scope I ordered retails for $1670, and I sent a check for $672 ($4 for shipping). SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. skyshark186

skyshark186

Media:
    They hold up well, and shoot good. My only complaint is that there are scopes with clearer glass on the maket. Usually not a problem in the better scopes(as im sure your is with that price tag).

7. Fly Rod

Fly Rod

I have two of them. I hope you bought it with the ballistic plex. It rocks. I shot my last elk at @ 320 yds with a dead hold on the third mark. It really makes shooting at longer ranges easier.

Fly Rod

Ignore what I just wrote, they suck! Better sell it to me cheap. No, Really!