Bumpiness Abounds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finished up my birf job a few weeks back (for the second time) and just replaced the front wheel bearings with Mobile I Synthetic. While driving on the highway the Cruiser drives like a dream, but when I'm on a bumpy road, the thing is all over the place. I thought it was loose bearings, so I checked, and double checked to see if they were loose - nope. I just got new tires too and it hasn't been realligned since then. Could this be merely an alignment issue or something more ?

Out of curiousity, a few questions:

1. Did you do the trunion bearings as well?

2. How are the shocks and steering stabilizer?

3. Are you saying this only showed up after the second job, after the first job, or was it there all along?

Might help to figure it out if you can answer those three things. :cheers:

turbocruiser said:
Out of curiousity, a few questions:

1. Did you do the trunion bearings as well?

2. How are the shocks and steering stabilizer?

3. Are you saying this only showed up after the second job, after the first job, or was it there all along?

Might help to figure it out if you can answer those three things. :cheers:

I did the trunion bearings as well.

The shocks, stabilizers and coils are Old Man Emu and about 4 years old.

Since I didn't replace the races (due to stupidilty) during the first birf job, I immediately redid the job with new races and bearings, so......I didn't have a chance to test it much in between. With washboard roads, the front end vibrates and doesn't feel like its absorbing the bumps.

I also had an Aussie Locker put into the rear about 3 weeks ago, but I can't imagine that would change much - just thought I'd mention that.

Thank you - -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom