Bumpers and shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I have 2000 LX470 with AHC removed, OME 1.5" medium lift, diff drop, SPC UCAs, BIOR sliders and a full set of BIOR skid plates. I replaced the OME Nitro Sport shocks with OEM Toyota LC shocks.

So.... Had a hail storm yesterday. Think they may total my truck. I think with a hood replacement, and new paint it will look fine. I plan to have Slee put on an ARB front bumper like below, and Mike at BIOR put on one of his rear bumpers with spare tire swing out (no hitch). Luckily for me they're both 90 mins away.

uMUjlDG.jpg

I know my torsion bars and springs are fine, the torsion bars may need to be adjusted. I think I will need stiffer shocks. These look really good ...

Otherwise I'm thinking ICON Stage 3s which will blow the budget

Opinions? Thanks much

Chuck

If you’re bringing it to Slee anyways, just have them set it up. Few people know these trucks as good as Slee does.

If you’re bringing it to Slee anyways, just have them set it up. Few people know these trucks as good as Slee does.

Absolutely, they removed my broken AHC and replaced it with the OME suspension etc. Great people

Hi I have 2000 LX470 with AHC removed, OME 1.5" medium lift, diff drop, SPC UCAs, BIOR sliders and a full set of BIOR skid plates. I replaced the OME Nitro Sport shocks with OEM Toyota LC shocks.

So.... Had a hail storm yesterday. Think they may total my truck. I think with a hood replacement, and new paint it will look fine. I plan to have Slee put on an ARB front bumper like below, and Mike at BIOR put on one of his rear bumpers with spare tire swing out (no hitch). Luckily for me they're both 90 mins away.

uMUjlDG.jpg

I know my torsion bars and springs are fine, the torsion bars may need to be adjusted. I think I will need stiffer shocks. These look really good ...

Otherwise I'm thinking ICON Stage 3s which will blow the budget

Opinions? Thanks much

Chuck

When you replaced the ome shocks for Toyota OEM did the ride improve? Im not carrying enough weight daily looking to change to OEM shocks if it improves ride quality.

Yes the ride was amazingly better and the shocks were $40 each. I only went with the Dobinson's IMS shocks because I'm putting a rear bumper on (mainly to hold my spare) and to handle crawling out of my hunting spot (11 miles up a pretty rocky / bad 4 wheel driver road) with an elk in the back.

Yes the ride was amazingly better and the shocks were $40 each. I only went with the Dobinson's IMS shocks because I'm putting a rear bumper on (mainly to hold my spare) and to handle crawling out of my hunting spot (11 miles up a pretty rocky / bad 4 wheel driver road) with an elk in the back.

Excellent! The ride has been getting a bit harsh. I'm excited to switch to a better ride. Does anyone know if i can use the OME hardware (bushings etc) for toyota shocks or do i have to piece together all the small things too.

Excellent! The ride has been getting a bit harsh. I'm excited to switch to a better ride. Does anyone know if i can use the OME hardware (bushings etc) for toyota shocks or do i have to piece together all the small things too.

Mine came with the hardware and bushings I recommend you use the Toyota components

Mine came with the hardware and bushings I recommend you use the Toyota components

Ya im planning on purchasing the shock from Toyota. Did you buy directly from Toyota and received the hardware with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom