bumper with winch mount? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a good affordable bumper for a 62 series that can mount a warn 8274. What is everybody else running for a bumper? need some good ideas. Has anybody ever custom made one? Pictures of anything would be good.
Adam

I've got an old warn. Got it 2nd hand. Don't know if there are around anymore
Made to fit an 8274
DSCF2488.JPG

majanrk said:
Made to fit an 8274

Score!

If that falls through, do you feel like delivering to Connecticut?

LCOwner I sent you a PM interested it the bumper

maja is your bumper custom? sweet

majanrk said:
Made to fit an 8274

nope, i bugged the hell out of warn about a year ago. asked them if they had any, they said no. i asked them if the could look in the back of the wharehouse for an old dusty one, they said no. i asked them if they could make another one (one off), they said no. i asked them if they could sell me the blueprint, they said no.

i am still looking for a warn 60 bumper, no luck sofar.

i am going to add something to this. I have kept this to myself, since so many people love warn winches (myself included). the guy I talked to at warn basically said the land cruiser was a piece of sh*t, especially the 60 and they did not want to support or make any bumpers for it anymore. I was guessing that someone with a 60 must of serviced his wife or girlfriend, only thing I could think of to create such bad blood.

Last edited:
I just built one for my FJ62 it is kinda like a warn bumper cost me about $30.00 and some time. I'll try to post a picture tonight.

I really hope mine holds up. I just got the warn one a couple of months ago to replace my stock one.

The stock one was so bashed and bent it was silly. That stupid tin foil bumper did more damage than it protected. So far I've got 2 runs on the warn and it isn't bent yet :cool: . I'm kinda hard on bumpers.

This is my slight tweaked version of the Warn. Its made up of several universal pieces. If you could find the main L shaped winch cradle, making the rest of the setup shouldn't be too tough.
60front.JPG

hmm, some good looking pics. Looking for something on the cheap end. I like the look of the ARB but wow, that is too much for my blood.

So warn doesn't make them any more? :frown: know of anyone else besides ARB that makes bull bars for the 60's?

theside00 said:
Looking for a good affordable bumper for a 62 series that can mount a warn 8274. What is everybody else running for a bumper? need some good ideas. Has anybody ever custom made one? Pictures of anything would be good.
Adam

Did you sell your 40 Adam? :confused:

I traded the 40 for the 62. Needed somthing that could drive and more convienient then the 40. It was tough giving up the 40. Going out this weekend to see if the 62 can keep up with the 40. I think I am going to miss the locker so need to find one and throw it in the 62. Got to find a bumper to mount the winch to.

Safari Guard did make one, pretty slick one at that

1TallTXn said:
hmm, some good looking pics. Looking for something on the cheap end. I like the look of the ARB but wow, that is too much for my blood.

So warn doesn't make them any more? :frown: know of anyone else besides ARB that makes bull bars for the 60's?

that one is sweet. Is that on their website if they even have one.

theside00 said:
that one is sweet. Is that on their website if they even have one.

yea, just google safari guard, their site poped up first. i shot them an email asking about the price, none shown on the site.

got the email back from them: $750, and a wait of 4 to 6 weeks.

some more info from email:
Light tabs come standard but the drings are additional $125 each. The holes
are pre cut for the d-rings but the d-rings are not included in the price of
the bumper.

Last edited:
FJ60.com used to sell Safari bumpers

I remember seeing FJ60.com selling Safari products in the past, but not anymore. Maybe there's one sitting in the back at his storage place??

I know, not much help.

750 that is a little rich for my budget. Looks sweet though but I think I am going to go with LCOwner warn one that he has for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom