Bumper replacement availability options and fixing wear and tear. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1C0E9352-92CC-4BCE-846A-7D433F5EA22E.jpeg
Yo hey hi!
Runner I picked up a few months ago had a bit a damage. The frt has smaller dings and like the flares has a bit of damage on the clear it’s not horrible though.
Hatch took a bit of it too.
Planning on bring this up to daily status and keeping it.
Would ya find a silver used, paint replacements or go chrome?
With 144k the seat pad foam and leather on the driver seat are a bit tired. Any brands you’ve found for good replacement and covers? Steering wheel could use a new wrap soon too.
Thanks all!
Excited to drive this deal!

You may have a hard time finding a silver limited bumper used. You could probably order a black one and then paint it to match. Chrome wouldn't look bad either I guess it's just up to your preference!

I'd use car-part.com and see if there are any in local junkyards first.

Welcome to the forum!

X2 on local junkyards, check LKQ and set up a saved search. Limiteds aren't impossible to find in the yards, trick is to find one that hasn't already been hit in the rear...

On seat cushions and covers, find a rig with an interior that matches yours and check if you can swap the passenger and drivers side seat bottoms. Good driver side seats are usually first to go in the yard, but passenger side is easier to find. If you can swap good parts, it’ll be much easier to get what you need and stay OEM.

Also not sure if Limited and SR5 leathers are the same, or if they even did that back in the day.

Man I didn’t think that hit would be all that bad. But what pita to just get the bumper off. All the brackets on the left side are bent which wasn’t to bad but the stupid weak main mount point bent and while trying to get it the bolt out the nut plate came loose. Not surprised with how bent it was. It fought me for a bit. Pretty dumb mount point when the frame is right there. Now the floor is a bit bent and part of the quarter skin separated but it also smushed in a little bit under the tail light. It’s off now though! Getting one back on straight might be a bit of a challenge
Still hunting for a stocker and talking myself out of just buying an aftermarket. Lol

Not an easy feat thus far. Finding a lot of bent junk for sale.

I refinished my front bumper with some color-matched rattle can paint and 1K clear, it was some work but looks great. For the rear, I found a good condition junkyard stock bumper and installed, so both match. The rear I took off was in fine condition, but would need paint. It’s sitting in the garage for now. Where are you located?

Photo of the front after the first coat of clear but before wet sanding and buffing. I ran out of 1K after 1 coat, but needed to drive it for a few days before finishing it out. Fortunately the front is an easy 6 nuts and the lower trim is a handful of screws.

D2173B31-27A4-47EF-AB7A-E216464920CF.jpeg

And the back.

90EA9EB7-85AB-40DB-AD00-6D1E82355992.jpeg

Appreciate the offer.
I order a cheaper tube bumper to put on for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom