Bumper remodel in progress (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Its a start....I cut the outside tubing off my front SLEE, I have some more cleaning up to do but Im liking the cleaner look so far.

I purchased a 4x4 Labs bumper kit a couple month ago to replace the rear SLEE. Now that my rear SLEE has found a new home on another CSC members cruiser its time to get my 4x4 labs bumper under way.

Today I spent a little time and prep the rear by cutting off the rear cross member. My goal is to have it a 100% by the weekend:rolleyes: We will see:popcorn:

96bump.JPG

96bump1.JPG

96bump2.JPG

Looking good Phil - Im partial to the clean bumper look myself :D

Who got your rear bumper?

looks great...

Its a start....I cut the outside tubing off my front SLEE, I have some more cleaning up to do but Im liking the cleaner look so far.

I purchased a 4x4 Labs bumper kit a couple month ago to replace the rear SLEE. Now that my rear SLEE has found a new home on another CSC members cruiser its time to get my 4x4 labs bumper under way.

Today I spent a little time and prep the rear by cutting off the rear cross member. My goal is to have it a 100% by the weekend:rolleyes: We will see:popcorn:

That Slee bumper looks really good with the extra tubing removed. :cheers:

I spent the end of the week looking at just sitting on the 80.:rolleyes: Saturday I tacked it all together and looked at it some more. Sunday Saddletramp and his son helped me pull it off. Thanks! Im about 90% done welding and will finish later today.

Next week Im off to Tools to grind off all my bugger welds. I tried harder on the welds you will see(pictured). So far I pleased with the results and look forward to testing.

96bump3.JPG

96bump4.JPG

96bump5.JPG

If I had known your welds would look that good I would have bought some sliders to you. The bumper looks terrific by the way, you have a great eye for detail.

I had my wife help me take the bumper off the table and she now hates me again. I hope her back feels better soon, Im getting hungry.:hillbilly:

Medtro was kind enough to drop what he was doing to help move the bumper around and mount it back on the 80. I offered the gun to him to lay down some final welds (pictured) he had never welded before.:doh: Good thing Tools has good grinders.

jack.JPG

jack1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom