Bumper Install Light Wiring (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I put in the TJM T17 bumper today but I am confused as to how to do the wiring for the turn signals.

TJM Lights.png

I hooked the white to the fog light white/black, brown to fog light red so I have the white "fog" light style lights coming on.

How do I tap into the turn lights from the side of the headlights to use the turn indicator lights? When I pulled it off to look there are 3 wires going into the turn signal lights to the side of the headlights. Thanks so much, gotta just finish these small details to complete it.

2001 Land Cruiser with Ironman 4x4 front bumper and I tied into all three wires at side marker lights/blinkers. Solid green wire to brown bumper wire for night running light, green with stripe to yellow indicator wire for bumper blinker functionality, then white to white for ground. Red wasn't used but I have blinker and marker light functionality. No fogs with high beams and only blinker works in bumper with daytime running lights on at the headlights only. Fog light was wired to the factory fog wiring with parts cannibalized from the provided harness. No need for the rest of the harness unless you want different capabilities.

2001 Land Cruiser with Ironman 4x4 front bumper and I tied into all three wires at side marker lights/blinkers. Solid green wire to brown bumper wire for night running light, green with stripe to yellow indicator wire for bumper blinker functionality, then white to white for ground. Red wasn't used but I have blinker and marker light functionality. No fogs with high beams and only blinker works in bumper with daytime running lights on at the headlights only. Fog light was wired to the factory fog wiring with parts cannibalized from the provided harness. No need for the rest of the harness unless you want different capabilities.
Hi @JungleMunkee - I am also trying to wire up the Ironman bumper lights on a 2000 LC 100 and have a question. Did you connect the brown, yellow, and white all to the blinker wires (photo one) or did you connect the brown wire from the bumper to the solid wire on the marker light (photo 2). Thus leaving yellow to green/yellow and white -to white at the blinker. Ironman could do a better job with their instructions for the bumper and not just the wiring part. Thanks

Blinker Wires
032505D6-C9F8-42DF-9208-29790C3ACCF9_1_102_o.jpeg

Marker Light wires.
D1F72E3F-27B2-4744-9D8B-EA335C68D028_1_102_o.jpeg

Third photo - location of 2nd photo wires/light.
92A8EE16-81F8-4237-8737-5FD15D29C2FC_1_201_a.jpeg

So I ended up doing the following

Yellow from bumper to Green and Yellow on blinker light.
White from bumper to white / black on blinker light.

Result: Orange turn signal.

IMG_4500.jpeg

On the marker light, the one circled in the photo above, I connected
Brown wire from the bumper to the green wire.

Result: white light when marker lights are on.

IMG_4503.jpeg

IMG_4505.jpeg

I did not use the red wire.

Fog are on the fog turn switch.

This is awesome!! Exactly what I’m hoping to do. I got the fogs wired today.

How did you get to the fog light bulb/wires… did you pop out the whole housing? Wondering the cleanest way to splice.

Also with splicing, what did you use to tie everything back together? Wire nut?

Last question, are you getting hyper flash?

This is awesome!! Exactly what I’m hoping to do. I got the fogs wired today.

How did you get to the fog light bulb/wires… did you pop out the whole housing? Wondering the cleanest way to splice.

Also with splicing, what did you use to tie everything back together? Wire nut?

Last question, are you getting hyper flash?
On the fogs I cut off the connectors that came on the bumper wires (first photo below) and connected the wires to the original truck fog light wires after cutting off the connectors that went to the original bumper fogs. Then I used spade connectors on all wires because I had them, but you can use scotchlock or solder seal (search on Amazon for those). I heat shrunk all connections and the put wire loom on everything and zip tied it up.

On the wires coming out of the bumper fog lights I though that Ironman should have protected the wires better as the metal edge could cut into the coating overtime and short out, so I ran the loom into the opening and put tape around it for good measure too. Photo 3.

There is a slight difference in the flash sequence and I purchased the relay in photo 4 on Amazon for ~$10. I havn’t installed it yet.

IMG_4390.jpeg

IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0194.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah! Sorry I misspoke. Wondering about the turn signal/Marker light wiring. I got the fogs done today. Was trying to figure out the place to tie into the wiring and also the best way to ensure the existing marker and turn signal still function appropriately.

Picked up the new led flasher… that’s a future job for me as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom