Bumper ideas...again. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello mud,
I'm trying to find a simple bumper for my FJ 62, like the one pictured. That's a Smittybuilt for a Jeep. I like the simple look and need a hitch so it fits my needs perfectly.

I was also wondering if any other vehicles are the same width as the 60s. Perhaps with a little bracket modification another vehicles bumper may fit?

Thanks!

20210205_164134.jpg

Go build it and make it what you want and have a blast while your doing it.

EFFA759D-3BCE-4FD9-80BC-638AA9DF21B3.jpeg

11B570A0-66E8-4F95-9B7C-E46F2246B6F5.jpeg

35097F1F-F6F8-4D8B-9A4B-1A68363DCA6B.jpeg

5E8ED92F-5CBA-46DC-9A16-B1F2798B737A.jpeg

Go build it and make it what you want and have a blast while your doing it.

View attachment 2576936

View attachment 2576937

View attachment 2576938

View attachment 2576939
I wish I were in a position to do so. Most of my life, I had access to a complete metal fab shop with unlimited stock. These days, I'm buying stuff like a regular schmuck. Still have the ability to make mods and do some welding but not the facility I had before. This isn't anything I want to build in my driveway. Might have to though. I know I'm dreaming here, but it would be nice if there were an affordable bumper like the one pictured that would fit 60.

I wish I were in a position to do so. Most of my life, I had access to a complete metal fab shop with unlimited stock. These days, I'm buying stuff like a regular schmuck. Still have the ability to make mods and do some welding but not the facility I had before. This isn't anything I want to build in my driveway. Might have to though. I know I'm dreaming here, but it would be nice if there were an affordable bumper like the one pictured that would fit 60.

Wish you were not so far away... would be a welcome open door for you to do so

No personal experience but I have this site saved for a possible option for my truck. Not exactly what you showed but close.

http://www.logansmetal4x4.com/fj-60-rear-bump60.htmlView attachment 2578357
Good eye! This one here just might be the one. I had been looking at it on ebay. Reached out to the seller w questions, requesting pictures, all I got back were broke sentence fragments and no pictures. This seems like an easy bumper to mod but it would be great to see what's behind it and what their brackets look like.

Thanks!!

I hate when I see the shackle mounting ears sticking out. Just looks like a shin getter. There was a guy on here named Rich with Costa Fabrications that made some awesome 80 bumpers. I haven't seen him in a while but he had a great design for a recessed recovery points. I'd like to see this on a 60 custom rear bumper.

1612709371763.png

recessed recovery point.JPG

I hate when I see the shackle mounting ears sticking out. Just looks like a shin getter. There was a guy on here named Rich with Costa Fabrications that made some awesome 80 bumpers. I haven't seen him in a while but he had a great design for a recessed recovery points. I'd like to see this on a 60 custom rear bumper.

View attachment 2578390

View attachment 2578391
Genius! Going to steal this idea for the next bumpers for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom