bumper finishing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so last spring i scored an 8274 off craigslist. my plan had always been to multi mount a winch, and i had my heart set on the 8274.
my mini has always has a receiver at both ends, but with the s***tybuilt bumper my cradle didnt fit. so i built my new bumper around the new winch and cradle.

i never got around to putting my turns back onto the new bumper. i just said "forget about it" and decided on some LEDs for replacements. so i got a screamin deal through harbor freight on some 2" 9 diode amber lamps, they were 5$ per so i bought an extra in case one was DOA or for when one gets mashed on the trail.

first pic is my cardboard template, make out of your favorite beverage box.
second is the rough parts
three is the pile o' tools required
temp.jpg
rough.jpg
tools.jpg

next is the original test fit. i used a 2 1/4" hole saw for the major hole and a 3/4" for the minor.
second pic is marked and ready for a reeshaping. bothe pieces were built on top of one another clamped together to make sure they match.
third is the final fitting
check.jpg
reshape.jpg
refit.jpg

next pic is tacked in place
followed by some s***ty welds
followed by a couple more ugly fawkers
its only a little tough to weld 16 ga to .134 wall and i hadnt used the mig in daaays
tacked.jpg
weld.jpg
weld2.jpg

one final check before paint.
my modded pigtails, uses factory end.
used some dielectric on the connectors for good measure.
b4paint.jpg
pigtails.jpg
greaase.jpg

a shot of the back of the lamp, the wires tucked nicely behind the grille
back home on the toy.
light on!!
back.jpg
off.jpg
on.jpg

and since i dont feel like mounting the winch for the sake of a currect pic, heres an old one
100_1497.jpg

Ghetto fabulous! :hillbilly:

I'm not a fan of tube bumpers, but geez you got a nice approach angle.

That looks pretty sweet! nice job.

Nice fab job! It came out pretty clean and that tube looks pretty good :grinpimp:

Nice job indeed! :cheers:

Nice, I am a fan of tube bumpers, looks good. :cool:

thanks guys,
i cant believe no comments about the new meats........

i have been in a wheel spacer nightmare.
just for the record, the venders in the valley are all at least half retarded and totally useless.

What's the wheel spacer problem? I have some generic ones on my shelf I used to have on my old 40 but I assume you are looking for something a little more unique and most likely thicker.

the spacer issue is that in the past i have been using all pro's 3/4" front spacer which requires longer lug studs.
the studs are sticking out nearly 2" from the hub. so i HAVE to have at least a 2" spacer. i dont want to mess around with swapping studs back to stock again, thats gay.

so basically no one even carries real spacers in the valley. the two people that do, both asked me if i really needed 2". one of them even told me they were getting me a pair, and after a week and a half i find out that they just got their "regular" ones and he didnt even know what size they really were.

so basically trying to be somewhat responsible and keep $$$ local got me nothing but a headache and 3 wasted weeks.

so i ended up ording some 2" per side through all pro on wednesday. i should be able to actually bolt all four on and see if the little 4 banger can push 'em soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom