Bumper bolts and tailgate screws (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Two quick ones for you, oh all knowing Mud Mind;

1) Does anyone know the thread pitch on the OEM carriage bolts for the rear bumper? I’m confident it’s an M12 bolt but can’t determine the pitch (other than it is NOT 1.75, the only nut available at the local Home Depot);

2) What is the finish on the screws that hold the tailgate covers in place? Seems as though they are #10 screws @ 3/8” but the finish is something between brass and stainless. Again, not something I’ve been able to find at the local hardware store and/or BBS.

Any guidance is appreciated - thanks!

Bumper bolts are part number 9011212041

Bumper bolts are part number 9011212041
Thanks TNPig - I have several of the OEM bolts (part number you referenced) but was hoping someone might know the thread pitch off the top of their head so I can order the nuts.

can you identify the tailgate screws you are asking about in the drawing below? The OEM carpet that is mounted on the inside face of the tailgate is not held on by screws. It uses plastic snap clips.

1675971006754.png

in general you won't find many fasteners at home depot that will be "correct". Toyota uses nuts and bolts that conform to "JIS" (Japanese Industrial Standard) and there are some differences compared to european standards. Most notably, the wrench size could be different.

in general you won't find many fasteners at home depot that will be "correct". Toyota uses nuts and bolts that conform to "JIS" (Japanese Industrial Standard) and there are some differences compared to european standards. Most notably, the wrench size could be different.
Thanks 2MBB - I should have been more specific. It’s the yellow-zinc coated screws (approx. 8-10?) that secure the larger plate and the smaller plate on the tailgate. The ones that once removed you have access to the tailgate cavity. Looks as though it might be P/N 93530-16014.

Thanks 2MBB - I should have been more specific. It’s the yellow-zinc coated screws (approx. 8-10?) that secure the larger plate and the smaller plate on the tailgate. The ones that once removed you have access to the tailgate cavity. Looks as though it might be P/N 93530-16014.
I was missing one of those so ordered this:

9354015010​
$ 0.83​
SCREW, TAPPING

Based on this:

1676067181581.png

Is a perfect fit but take a guess which one the new one is? If there is a different part number with a better color match I'd love to know. Else I suggest buying them all to replace if this will bother you. If anyone has some used one that match I'd take some!

IMG_6728.jpg

Jamieson22 - that's basically what I found, even though the one I purchased is not an OEM part. It's a #10 3/8" screw and matches perfectly minus the yellow zinc coating. So I purchased enough to make them all the same color. And I've scoured the interwebs and cannot find that particular screw in yellow zinc. Maybe that's not a thing any more?

And to close the loop on the thread pitch of the bumper bolts, I am 99% sure they are M12 x 1.25 (pitch) x 25mm bolts/nuts. But again, it's exceptionally challenging to find a perfect non-Toyota match.

Afternoon all. In my garage I stumbled across a very close match to the yellow zinc screws used to secure the tailgate panels (P/N 93540-15010) that look much closer to OEM than the plain zinc or stainless #10 (or similar) screws you can find at your local BBS or hardware store. They’re part of this U-clip assortment but @ $9.00 on Amazon, if you’re trying to replace them, it might be worth it. Good luck!

Amazon product ASIN B07Z1G2KSR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom