Bumper/Armor Impact Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the market for armor, mainly worried about deer/animal impacts, and thought a thread showing pics of impacts(animals/rocks/vehicles) may be a good resource for anyone else shopping around for bumpers.

My buddy nailed an aoudad in west Texas with his 4R and the ARB had a small bend in the sheet metal, driver side steering was pretty jacked.

IMG_5117.jpg

IMG_5116.jpg

Few years back, but had a car pull out in front of me and impacted at ~20-25 mph. Ironman bumper was not pinned in place and the crumple zone was unaffected. slight damage to the PS fender where it pushed in, drove away with no issues. not the case for the other vehicle. Later installed one-piece retrofit headlights with minimal persuasion.
IMG_20180726_174423.jpg
IMG_20180726_172121.jpg

Yesterday around lunch time, I got the dreaded "Dad, I was involved in a traffic accident" phone call, while the kid was 4 hours away from home, visiting his girlfriend.

The bad news: I get to see if our insurance company's "accident forgiveness" is real.

The good news: The kid is fine. The other driver is fine. The ARB front bumper just paid for itself, other than some minor scuffing on the powdercoat (on ARB), his vehicle is fine.

Our insurance company has been kinda funny, so far I've received 2 phone calls, and 2 emails (in 24 hours), about an urgent need to take my kids TLC to a body shop to get the damage inspected. I sent a picture of the front end of his vehicle, and I think they finally "get it". I guess it could be worse, it's a whole lot better than if they just ignored us.

The criminal:
View attachment 1751599

The victim (Ouch!):
View attachment 1751600
1686848573534.png

1686848611831.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom