Bumper alignment without flares? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.harrysituations.com
I did a search but did not find the information that I was looking for. I am going to be having some paint and body work done on my 80 soon and I am considering ditching the flares at that time. I am concerned though that my (current) front ARB bumper and (future) rear Kaymar bumper will be too wide without the flares. It seems that the front bumper matches the width of the front flares perfectly right now.

Does anyone have any close up shots of where their front bumper meets the fender sans flares? I like the idea of the rig being narrower (and having more tire clearance?) but in reality this rig is my driver, not my main wheeling rig, so I want it to look nice still.

I have the Slee, with no flares...it looks fine, Sure yeah, it sticks out two inches...but really it's not that bad.

Both the stock and ARB are made to line up with the flares. If you come across the ARB Commercial bar it is narrower for vehicles without flares I believe.

It doesn't look bad at all. I have my flares off right now and likely forever and it looks funny at first, then it grows on you.

It'll look fine. I've had my flares off for over a year now.

If you look hard enough or know who to talk to :)cough: :cough: Christo Slee :cough: :cough: ;)) you MIGHT be able to get a ARB commercial front bumper. The commercial version of the 80 series bumer was designed for the flareless 80, so it's a little narrower.

Just a note -- I have a Slee rear bumper -- you had mentioned possibly getting a Kaymar; the kaymar might stick out more.
PICT0312 (Small).JPG
flare.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys, particularly the close up picks from Doug. I'll probably ditch the flares now and maybe try and add a commerical front bumper down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom