Bump it Offroad (BIO) rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would it possible to do one later? I have an appointment to check out Slee's next week. I just want to compare.

It's basically the same as the Slee, and will feel the same.
The hinge is a big spindle with tapered roller bearings (same as Slee).
Closure is via a spring loaded pin (same a Slee with minor variation).
Extra closure is a via a latch (same a Slee).
The arm on the BIO is held open via a gas strut. Arm on the Slee is held open via a spring loaded pin.

Oh?! I didn't know it was the same.... Why the $2k mark up?

The fundamental mechanics of the hinges and the closure mechanisms are the same--not the bumpers.
The bumpers are overall similar, but entirely different objects. I can't speak to the pricing, but there are a variety of details and features that distinguish them from each other.
I think they're both worth consideration.

Where is this mysterious "2k mark up" ?
  • Slee is $2605 for a dual swing-out rear tire carrier and ladder and integrated receiver. $220 for jerry can basket
  • Bump-It is (deep breath) $1000 for a bumper, $25 for a receiver, $625 for the first swingout with tire carrier, $300 for the second swingout, $250 for a ladder, and $250 for a jerry can basket. $2450 total.
So there's about $400 between the 2 when configured the same. Both have awesome reviews. Both should be seen in person. Then you have to look at freight depending on where you live. Being that you are in Denver, you would get yours off of the floor from Slee. I don't have that option with either. :(

Definitely go to HIH and look at the options since you are so close to the event. I ordered my rear bumper as soon as I got back from Ouray after checking out all of the options at the time.

As stated above, I think you have the numbers mixed up. These are very close in price. Being in Denver, you can drive to pick either one up. SLEE is in Golden, BIOR is just outside of Greeley.

Gotcha! The Slee is just configured one way,... That answers my question. My configuration is not as much as the maxed out Slee option. I will still check it out Slee's option.

I have a front bumper from Mike, he does super good work. I'm happy with my front. I was just curious as to why the Slee markup and not many configuration options?
Thanks guys!!

I went with the BIOR and an super happy. The biggest thing is that it can pretty easily be opened one handed. The slee can't because of the mechanism. I can't imagine you wouldn't be super happy dealing with Mike again. I also like that he is flexible and open to build you whatever accessories or configuration you want.

Mike is not this issue. He's veery easy to deal with and his product is top notch. Just wondering why the price difference. Going with BIOR!!
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I just bit the built and tole Mike to put me on the schedule! i can' wait. It's hand down the best bumper looking bumper out there.

I JUST called and left him a message about 30 minutes ago. Good timing!

I just couldn't find anything to match Ben's bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_2930.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 299
:eek:

Spoke with Mike at BIO last night, solid guy. It looks like about 8-10 weeks to get the bumper. I was wondering if anyone with the BIO rear bumper moved their factory back up camera to the bumper? I would like to figure that out before I place my order so he can make the necessary holes. I know the Slee rear bumper people have done it. Thanks guys.

I ordered mine about 4 weeks ago and he said 10-12 weeks out so 8-10 now sounds right. I'm guessing every 3-4 months he does a run of them and I just ordered right after he did a run. all the new ones ordered will probably ship out around the same time. That is all speculation, but the few I know who have ordered are all getting the same timeline. I'm happy with waiting. His products seem top notch.

I have both Christo's and Mike's rear bumpers. They are both top of the heap for 100 series LC's. The reason of difference in cost is that when you buy from Slee, you are also paying profit to his fabricator as Slee Offroad doesn't actually fabricate the bumpers themselves. Mike can be a couple hundred dollars less because he builds each of the bumpers himself. If you need a bumper right now, go Slee. If you want to save a bit or want some customization done, go BIOR.

I do like both bumpers. But I like the look of a center swing out tire as opposed to the offset with a ladder.

I'll be ordering mine from Mike soon.

Anyone happen to know the weight of the BIOR standard rear bumper vs the high clearance option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom