Bump it Offroad (BIO) rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would still like to know this answer if anyone happens to know!

It'sssss great!
20171105_143557.jpg

Anyone happen to know the weight of the BIOR standard rear bumper vs the high clearance option?
I have the high clearance. It's about the same weight as a Sherman tank!!! It's awesome. But don't try to install it alone on your back like I did:eek:. And it has taken a beating with no problem. I also tow a 3k lb tent trailer with it. Solid. I was running the light OME springs with that bumper and it was great. I changed to the heavys because of my tounge weight on the trailer.

I have the dual swing out from BIOR. So far I like the bumper, the instructions were kind of crappy but I figured it out.

ad4.jpg

Looks great!

No fitting issues with factory tow hitch? (Good protection for exhaust)
And is it possible to have original spare with the bumper? (Looking for two spares)

Yes and yes. Install was very easy, just be prepared to figure out on your own. The instructions basically say: "step 1 assemble the bumper".

Not that hard though. Streets ahead than ARB's instructions.

Yes and yes. Install was very easy, just be prepared to figure out on your own. The instructions basically say: "step 1 assemble the bumper".

Thanks for the reply

looks great, by any chance could you get a couple of shots from the non swing out corner and lower shot to show relationship of bumper to hitch. Planning on getting a non swing out bumper. Thanks in advance.

My problem w/the BIOR is the pull knobs. Not the levers but the spring loaded knobs. They have seized up and I cant release them. Plus one of the knobs fell off. Wasn't too big a deal at first. I'd just unscrew one side and screw it on the other. But now that they're seized its a real PITA.

My problem w/the BIOR is the pull knobs. Not the levers but the spring loaded knobs. They have seized up and I cant release them. Plus one of the knobs fell off. Wasn't too big a deal at first. I'd just unscrew one side and screw it on the other. But now that they're seized its a real PITA.

Every so often it helps to remove the locking pin mechanism and apply some marine grease on the spring & pin, as well as grease the top side of the mechanism to help shed water. Definitely would help if the spring and pin was stainless though.

Every so often it helps to remove the locking pin mechanism and apply some marine grease on the spring & pin, as well as grease the top side of the mechanism to help shed water. Definitely would help if the spring and pin was stainless though.

X2. Periodically, when they start getting rough, remove, clean, grease, reinstall.

It would be nice if BIO had that as an option/upgrade for those pins to be stainless.

I had been "regularly" :idea: spraying with a silicone based spray. Definitely needs grease. But even then the clearance seemed so tight I didn't think that much would really get in and last. Will next time though.

Anyone have an issue with their spare tire swing out knocking around over bumps? I just have my standard size spare on there.

My lock and pin are tight and there is no play in the actually swing out part of the arm. If you give it a little tap from the top of the tire it has like a reverb effect and knocks around for a bit and then smooths out. The knocking doesn't transmit into the actual swingout arm, just the spare mount, seems like a design flaw since there isn't much else I can adjust.

Normal-ish. Make sure the two bolts that secure the center section of the bumper (either side of the hitch receiver) are tight, and the hardware between the wing support & frame are tight. How much clearance between the carrier frame & the hatch?

Normal-ish. Make sure the two bolts that secure the center section of the bumper (either side of the hitch receiver) are tight, and the hardware between the wing support & frame are tight. How much clearance between the carrier frame & the hatch?
Good call, I did put a wrench on the wing braces as they have potential to loosen up but the lock washer are still holding strong and it was snug.

I will take a closer look at it tonight to see clearance, I believe it rest pretty snug up against the hard plastic pieces that are installed above the latch. I assume these are here to help with the issue I am having.

Think I need to pop the cap off the swing out and check the big axle nut? I don't feel any play, and when the tire is slapping around I don't even feel any vibrations on the swing out arm.

Also kind of bummed that the powder coat didn't last even a year. Rusting along all the seams and it just spread from there. It is a tough bumper but these little issues kind of left me wondering what the heck.

Also kind of bummed that the powder coat didn't last even a year. Rusting along all the seams and it just spread from there. It is a tough bumper but these little issues kind of left me wondering what the heck.
Mine rusted rather quickly as well. Took about 2 years and it gets worse every year.

Sorry to hear, mine's brand new and I love it. Corroseal (rust converter not preventer) is your friend.

Sorry to hear, mine's brand new and I love it. Corroseal (rust converter not preventer) is your friend.
The powder coat seems poorly done , it chips easily and then it's all downhill from there . I suppose I should have taken preventive measure from the start

Anyone have an issue with their spare tire swing out knocking around over bumps? I just have my standard size spare on there.

My lock and pin are tight and there is no play in the actually swing out part of the arm. If you give it a little tap from the top of the tire it has like a reverb effect and knocks around for a bit and then smooths out. The knocking doesn't transmit into the actual swingout arm, just the spare mount, seems like a design flaw since there isn't much else I can adjust.
Tighten down the two nuts on the clamp. It may seem tight but just a 1/4 turn on each nut can keep it from rattling. If you over tighten it, then the clamp will be too difficult to latch, so just do 1/4 turns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom