Bulletproof heims? Anybody heard of it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve been weighing out the pros and cons of putting the relay rod in the front. And I happened upon this guy when I was doing research on different kinds of heims that jk guys run🤷🏽‍♀️. Anybody heard of them?

Apart from crossover steering in the front. Im thinking about the one ton swap but I’m not totally set on it. I had the same style of steering in my tj and it was alright at best on 31s.

Everything on that site is 3/4" shank which is kinda small for a heavy 80 series. Those hiem specs look just like Ruffstuff heims. I've been running Ruffstuff 7/8" heims for all my steering joints for 2 years/35K miles now and they are still as tight as when they were new. I'm a big fan

I have done GM 1-ton crossover steering conversion on an 80. Y-Link, even had to run offset tres to try and clear the panhard.

Don’t do it. It will touch the Panhard under max compression and is dangerous.

Cheers

If you want safe crossover steering on an 80, redesign the panhard.

Cheers

Everything on that site is 3/4" shank which is kinda small for a heavy 80 series. Those hiem specs look just like Ruffstuff heims. I've been running Ruffstuff 7/8" heims for all my steering joints for 2 years/35K miles now and they are still as tight as when they were new. I'm a big fan

That’s good to know. I was kind of put off by ruffstuff heims because a friends gone through 4 in the last 2 months. It seems like they just had a bad batch. It sounds like yours are doing way better

I have done GM 1-ton crossover steering conversion on an 80. Y-Link, even had to run offset tres to try and clear the panhard.

Don’t do it. It will touch the Panhard under max compression and is dangerous.

Cheers

This is good to know. I was more leaning towards the y link. We’re you running a stock length panhard?

and thanks for adding the link. I’ll keep researching😅 it never ends does it

This is good to know. I was more leaning towards the y link. We’re you running a stock length panhard?

and thanks for adding the link. I’ll keep researching😅 it never ends does it

I think I was, pretty sure I had a weld in adjuster. That was five Cruisers ago and years for me though, don’t recall exactly. I am sure it is in the thread.

The problem is the panhard and compression. Otherwise it worked fine. Redesign the Panhard and you can make it work safely. When I tore that truck down the last time, there was very obvious contact on the tie rod and Panhard. Variety of wheeling in it, including high speed in BIG dunes which is where you really find any flaws, even more so than in the rocks.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom