Bullet Cruiser ... Rust Bulleted top to bottom (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

Silver's my least favorite cruiser color but I figured if you're strip it down why not just rust bullet the whole frickin thing?? :D Tough as nails, easy to repair and very forgiving in its application. Sprayed in the drive with hvlp.
DSCN0348.JPG
DSCN0351.JPG

Man. You gonna cover over with something else?

The original plan was bullet then primer/dume beige. Thinking ill leave it bulleted for this summer and get her back on the road asap.

Is rust billet UV stable with out a top coat?

Looks like a perfect match for duct tape. Are you sure you won't have trouble with a regular primer adhering to it when you do eventually decide to paint it? I had a hell of a time getting all the sloppily applied por-15 off my frame when I rebuilt my cruiser.

No problems at alll using a top coat. Talked to rust bullet and tested it on my wiper motor cover. The only thing is bullet has to be sanded with 150 grit prior to the primer and cause it has a very slight texture you have to use a high build over it and then block it out. No big deal but Im sick of not having her in one peice and that'll have to wait. Duct tape itll stay for now. :flipoff2: :D

I'd drive it, too. :D

What kind of prep work did you have to do prior to painting? (Wish Rust Bullet came in black, would like to paint frame with a POR-15-like product that was UV stable and was glossy black.)

I stripped the entire peice of chit down to bare metal. did a lot of wiping with xylene to remove all dust and grease. sprayed on 3 coats allowed that the cure, Sanded down whole cruiser in 150 grit, did bondo work, lots more wiping down and then sprayed my final 2 coats. I did 3 coats on high wear areas for a total of 6 coats. Prep took forever.

leto-
Is the uv protection really needed on your frame? Just how often do you have your junk's frame pointed towards the sun? :flipoff2:

Silver is one of my fav colors for a cruiser, but mustard is def top. Looks good. How was the overspray doin it in the drive way? I rattle canned my old cruiser in the community parking awning area a long time ago and when I turned around my neighbor's car was speckly blue. :doh:

I rattle canned my old cruiser in the community parking awning area a long time ago and when I turned around my neighbor's car was speckly blue.

So you're the damn Arse Hole that did that!!!! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom