Bullbar and winch fitment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the market for a bullbar, trying to decide between Ironman/Dobinsons/ARB, but I have a large 12k Come-Up 24V winch that i want to be sure will fit

@umpqua has the same behemoth winch on his build with an ARB:

winch-install-jpg.1856704

Anyone have one or similar big winch in a Dobinsons or Ironman4x4?

Winch dimensions in question:
t700_x1_82c22eb80e1b5130048cfb9b795e5929.jpg

I'm in the market for a bullbar, trying to decide between Ironman/Dobinsons/ARB, but I have a large 12k Come-Up 24V winch that i want to be sure will fit

@umpqua has the same behemoth winch on his build with an ARB:

winch-install-jpg.1856704

Anyone have one or similar big winch in a Dobinsons or Ironman4x4?

Winch dimensions in question:
t700_x1_82c22eb80e1b5130048cfb9b795e5929.jpg
I did my best to get an Ironman bumper. I like the option of having lights in the bumper. They have new representation in the Portland area now and I've heard they are easier to deal with. If you go the ARB route you can order a TEQ badge to customize.

I did my best to get an Ironman bumper. I like the option of having lights in the bumper. They have new representation in the Portland area now and I've heard they are easier to deal with. If you go the ARB route you can order a TEQ badge to customize.

I managed to find one member by chance while surfing way back in the "what have you done to your 70 series today" thread who has a comeup winch on an HZJ73 with an Ironman bullbar. I think it looks good on his, and I pulled the trigger last night and ordered one. Hopefully it gets here soon since i'm only three hours away and have the rest of the week off :)

@peterb is the member i was PMing with about his, I think it looks pretty good (cropped from the random photo in the above thread):

DSCF1405.JPG

Once it gets here we'll see how the big DV12 fits.....nothing an angle grinder can't fix :eek:

I managed to find one member by chance while surfing way back in the "what have you done to your 70 series today" thread who has a comeup winch on an HZJ73 with an Ironman bullbar. I think it looks good on his, and I pulled the trigger last night and ordered one. Hopefully it gets here soon since i'm only three hours away and have the rest of the week off :)

@peterb is the member i was PMing with about his, I think it looks pretty good (cropped from the random photo in the above thread):

View attachment 2340853

Once it gets here we'll see how the big DV12 fits.....nothing an angle grinder can't fix :eek:
Skull
Thanks for the kind words! The combo has worked out for me. Here is another picture that might be more helpful:
IMG_3624.jpg

Looks good! mine arrives at the local freight dock tomorrow! Stoked!

Well it was a looong morning, but mines mounted. Just a note for anyone who was paying attention to this thread, but the DV12 winch (the big version, same as Umpqua’s above) did not fit as the bullbar came. It required trimming the area above the winch mount, filing the mounting holes for the winch, etc. it was a lot of work but it does look really good.
D63BBB76-4A94-4C3B-A938-B177077445CD.jpeg

That is a massive winch!

I noticed the fog lights/markers are different from Peterb’s. Are there 2 models or did he modify his to install them?

I'm not sure, there must be two generations of this winch. the paperwork on mine indicated March of 2019 when it was packaged.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase, if I'd had a 9k winch or one of the smaller sized 12k's then there would be no issues i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom