Built FJ40 Axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
New to the forum. My first rig was a 65 FJ40 I purchased in 1973 and I drove the wheels off of that thing. Anyway forward to today I am in my 60's and just purchased a 67 to help me relive that experience. I can't believe the difference in driving a rig with no power steering when you're 16 vs 60! I am currently gathering parts to begin a frame-off resto mod. Can you guys take a look at this ad and see if you think it is fair offer? Thanks!

Built FJ40 Land Cruiser axles

frame-off resto mod

Welcome to 'Mud.

How much resto vs mod?

What will be the main use of the vehicle?

As @White Stripe mentioned, if you're not building a serious trail rig, these are a lot more than you need. You could upgrade your current axles a lot cheaper.

Thanks fellas. I am not building a serious trailing rig, just something for hunting in the Blue Mountains and weekend tooling around the back country. My plan is to modify the powertrain and keep the appearance as original as possible. At my age I'm willing to spend $ instead of labor so I can get it how I want in as short a time as possible. One never knows how much time you have left. Sounds like those axles are more than I need. Interestingly the PO told me the front axle is off of a 76 forerunner which I haven't been able to find any information about here. Apparently that is not a common swap?

They did not build 4Runners in 1976. So that front axle is obviously not from that.

Thats interesting. Is there anything on the axle that could help identify it?

Pics would help.
Maybe an 86 4runner, IIRC the early 86' still had solid front axle.

My guess is he meant 85 4runner and just didn't remember correctly. If I recall the ad correctly, the axles were built some time ago and not used. Ad's gone now.

Here are a few pics , hopefully they are clear enough to id the axle.

Resized_20180413_151603.jpeg

Resized_20180413_151727.jpeg

Resized_20180413_151806_009.jpeg

Pics look like a bone stock FJ40 axle with OEM disc brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom