For Sale SOLD! Built 1989 FJ62 - North Carolina 20000$ Rare H55 Orig paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time has come to thin the herd... never a good time

I had looked hard and wide to find a 5 speed no rust FJ62, and got this one a few years back in California and shipped it to NC sight unseen from a mud member, of course the only way to buy this rare vehicle was from a responsible member, and there was no surprises, except for some shipment mishaps.

I grew up around TLC and currently own a 1984, a 1988 and this 1989, every family member drives one, so they are daily drivers and maintenance is a weekly chore, I spend a significant amout of time sourcing parts and reading how to do things (only way to do it right is to do it yourself).

This car lived in CA and has original paint, but was resprayed over the hood and roof for clear coat peeling, so rust is not an issue, it was well kept and maintained. I wanted to convert my 88 to a 5 speed, but was cost prohibitive, so buying one with the conversion was the logical step.

1989 gray Toyota Land Cruiser
258K miles (bought it with 244K)
H55 Professional conversion
Gray interior

Suspension 2" OME (heavy duty)
ARB Bumper
10K Lbs Warn winch with synthetic rope (pricey)
Cibie/Hella combination headlights
Upgraded harness for headlights (improved output)
Rigid Industries LED lights
Optima Battery (new)
Battery drain saver (to run accesories safely)
Cobra CB radio with antenna (ARB adaptor on bumper)
Ausie side mirrors
16"steelies, with fresh powder coat and original toyota color, including spare ($$$)
BF Goodrich AT KO2 285/75/16, like new
Upgraded front caliper/disk and pads (3rd gen 4runner)
New specter off road carpet kit (full kit $$$)
Specter of road seat covers (nice fit), intact seats underneath.
Dynamat under carpet (sound deadening)
New rubber mats, all around
Upgraded stereo system with touchscreen, bluetooth, hands free, and rearview camera, with custom speaker enclosures
New weatherstrip over every door, and tailgate
LED lighting inside and tail lights
New taillights
New alternator
New starter - Aisin
New clutch (changed with all apropriate toyota parts including slave and master, rear main seal done at same time)
New belts (toyota)
Front axle knuckle rebuild done (no leaks or clunks)
New/used Windshield motor and container + lid (working great)
Calibrated driveshaft, new bolts (hard to find)
New inner door felt
New O2 sensors
New rear bumper bolts
New toyota wiper assembly with blades (no missing parts)
AC converted (blows at 40F - see pics)
Fresh differential, tranny and transfer fluid
Tinted windows (no fading)
Land cruiser bottle opener installed
New license plate light assembly (OEM)

Oil galey plug fix and rear heater core bypass done (beware of those that do not)

Oil change every 3-5 K miles, no need to add oil in between services

Likely to be missing some small things, but that's the gist. Overall this is a ready to go nicely built FJ62, that cruises at 2000 rpm going 70 mph, consumes 11-12 mpg, no blue smoke on the exhaust, that cranks every time, idles at 700 rpm, has nice and cold A/C, and needs nothing.
Has all original unmolested smog equipment and was being used in CA before, so it will be legal for it to go back.
All installation seems/looks professional, and there's no cut wires, or loose ends, good fitting everywhere, no squeaks.

As always there's the bad... mostly cosmetic, the inside is perfect, I have changed bezels,etc and it looks pristine. The outside has very small area with dings (3 or 4), during transport from California they hit the driver side front corner and roof on same side and has a dent with intact paint (bought sight unseen, so I had no way to get the transport company to be responsible for it), small trail damage over pass side quarter, barely noticeable (see pics).

I'll give it some time for the mud community to show interest before going to open population advertising, and will be happy to answer questions as they come.

Pics to follow

Located NC (eastern)
Price 21.500 $ negotiable

Thanks

Friday bump

Yep. some daddy's money frat boy in raleigh should be all over this. hey bud does this rig come with a yeti

Sure does, just a matter of $

Price drop 20K $

Time has come to thin the herd... never a good time

I had looked hard and wide to find a 5 speed no rust FJ62, and got this one a few years back in California and shipped it to NC sight unseen from a mud member, of course the only way to buy this rare vehicle was from a responsible member, and there was no surprises, except for some shipment mishaps.

I grew up around TLC and currently own a 1984, a 1988 and this 1989, every family member drives one, so they are daily drivers and maintenance is a weekly chore, I spend a significant amout of time sourcing parts and reading how to do things (only way to do it right is to do it yourself).

This car lived in CA and has original paint, but was resprayed over the hood and roof for clear coat peeling, so rust is not an issue, it was well kept and maintained. I wanted to convert my 88 to a 5 speed, but was cost prohibitive, so buying one with the conversion was the logical step.

1989 gray Toyota Land Cruiser
258K miles (bought it with 244K)
H55 Professional conversion
Gray interior

Suspension 2" OME (heavy duty)
ARB Bumper
10K Lbs Warn winch with synthetic rope (pricey)
Cibie/Hella combination headlights
Upgraded harness for headlights (improved output)
Rigid Industries LED lights
Optima Battery (new)
Battery drain saver (to run accesories safely)
Cobra CB radio with antenna (ARB adaptor on bumper)
Ausie side mirrors
16"steelies, with fresh powder coat and original toyota color, including spare ($$$)
BF Goodrich AT KO2 285/75/16, like new
Upgraded front caliper/disk and pads (3rd gen 4runner)
New specter off road carpet kit (full kit $$$)
Specter of road seat covers (nice fit), intact seats underneath.
Dynamat under carpet (sound deadening)
New rubber mats, all around
Upgraded stereo system with touchscreen, bluetooth, hands free, and rearview camera, with custom speaker enclosures
New weatherstrip over every door, and tailgate
LED lighting inside and tail lights
New taillights
New alternator
New starter - Aisin
New clutch (changed with all apropriate toyota parts including slave and master, rear main seal done at same time)
New belts (toyota)
Front axle knuckle rebuild done (no leaks or clunks)
New/used Windshield motor and container + lid (working great)
Calibrated driveshaft, new bolts (hard to find)
New inner door felt
New O2 sensors
New rear bumper bolts
New toyota wiper assembly with blades (no missing parts)
AC converted (blows at 40F - see pics)
Fresh differential, tranny and transfer fluid
Tinted windows (no fading)
Land cruiser bottle opener installed
New license plate light assembly (OEM)

Oil galey plug fix and rear heater core bypass done (beware of those that do not)

Oil change every 3-5 K miles, no need to add oil in between services

Likely to be missing some small things, but that's the gist. Overall this is a ready to go nicely built FJ62, that cruises at 2000 rpm going 70 mph, consumes 11-12 mpg, no blue smoke on the exhaust, that cranks every time, idles at 700 rpm, has nice and cold A/C, and needs nothing.
Has all original unmolested smog equipment and was being used in CA before, so it will be legal for it to go back.
All installation seems/looks professional, and there's no cut wires, or loose ends, good fitting everywhere, no squeaks.

As always there's the bad... mostly cosmetic, the inside is perfect, I have changed bezels,etc and it looks pristine. The outside has very small area with dings (3 or 4), during transport from California they hit the driver side front corner and roof on same side and has a dent with intact paint (bought sight unseen, so I had no way to get the transport company to be responsible for it), small trail damage over pass side quarter, barely noticeable (see pics).

I'll give it some time for the mud community to show interest before going to open population advertising, and will be happy to answer questions as they come.

Pics to follow

Located NC (eastern)
Price 21.500 $ negotiable

Thanks

Is this thing still for sale?
Friday bump

I'm interested! I live in Raleigh and have been looking for a FJ80/82 for the last 2 months. Check you IG; I just sent you a DM. I'd like to drive east to come see you.

IMG_0202.JPG

Is this thing still for sale?

I'm interested! I live in Raleigh and have been looking for a FJ80/82 for the last 2 months. Check you IG; I just sent you a DM. I'd like to drive east to come see you.

Thanks for the interest, will catch up later.

Interesting questions:
Drivetrain is intact and original with regular maintenance, no oil consumption and no smoke from tail pipe.
Transmission shifts smoothly, no noises, clutch is one year old

SOLD!
Gone to a Mud member

Appreciate all the support from the forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom