BUILT 1976 FJ 40 in PA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1976 Land Cruiser FJ 40
109,000 Miles
Asking $14,900.00 OBO

This is John Pulich’s rig for sale. John spared no expense last past year, in building one of the most capable trail rigs I have ever laid eyes on. Most of the work was done at Iron Pig Off Road, with receipts to prove. IPOR is willing to answer any “build specific” questions, but please email or call John or me first.

Truck originally came from AZ, but John purchased from it from someone in VA several years ago. The truck is currently in Lititz, PA and there is a possibility the truck could be delivered, within reason, for a fee. The truck is not currently inspected in PA.

The complete online photo album may be viewed here

The following are the specifics:

Suspension/Steering/Braking/Engine/Driveline

Spring over axle 6” lift
FJ 55 Front springs
Front and Rear FJ 60 axles
Chromoly Newfield Front Axle and Birfields
Poly Performance Rear Chromoly axle
Aisin Hubs
FZJ 80 Factory Locking Hub-front
4x4 Labs steering arms
Chevy 1 ton steering rod
West Texas Off Road ram assist steering with reservoir and cooling upgrade
FZJ 80 power brake reservoir
TSM rear disc brake conversion
Marlin Crawler with 4.88 gears
Original engine with 109k miles-runs great
Set up with Duel Optima batteries (Red and Yellow)
MSD ignition
Man-a-Fre Power Pack tuned ceramic headers
Weber 38 mm carburetor

Rims-Champion C3 17x9 baja
Tires-TSL IROK Super Swampers 37x12.5 (you could easily get 40’s under this thing)
Winch-Warn 8274-50
IPF off road lights
Seats-(2) Procar with G-force harnesses
-Rear-custom folding (see pic)
Tuffy console-locking

Frame/Body
The body is overall in good shape. There is some small rust around the outside of the doors (visible in pics). There are some spots where rust was repaired, and those areas are visible on close inspection. There are no major dents or dings. The paint is rough grade and looks ok… certainly adequate for a trail rig, but far from show quality. It is not a shiny finish, as seen in the pictures. The custom IPOR steel fenders are solid metal and you can see the weld beads along the gaps (think BEEFY). You can see from the pictures that a Full Metal Tech Roll Cage was integrated and attached to the frame (kudos to the crew at IPOR… really nice work).

The hard top is in fair shape and there is a sun roof.

You can see the IPOR custom rear bumper, along with spare swing out and jerry can holder.

IPOR custom sliders

The frame was treated at IPOR while undergoing build and is in good condition. The truck was washed just prior to these pics, so there are some drips... but they are only water!

Any “electronic questions” please email me at brokerrob1@comcast.net or PM me

If you would like to talk with the owner, John Pulich, his phone number is
(717) 278-3545
FJFRONTMAIN.jpg
FJFRONT.jpg
FJBACK.jpg

Last edited:
Pics of front/suspension

front/suspension
FJFRONTSUSPEN.jpg
FJFRONT BRAKE.jpg
FJFRONTAXLE.jpg

underside pics

more pics from underneath... notice the 80 series front locker!:clap:
FJFRONTLOCKER.jpg
FJREARAXLE.jpg
FJREARVIEW.jpg

Man, This is the truck I have been looking for, WAY out of my price range though, Freakin awesome rig:grinpimp:

... if you notice, the top of the ad is OBO
Price has been reduced and original post reflects the reduction in price

mid-week bump... someone NEEDS this truck!

back to the top... someone make a reasonable offer at least :)

John's 40

I can tell you that I have wheeled with John many times at both Paragon and Rausch Creek and ridden in his truck both before and after he had all the work done to it. It always started and ran well and since the mods were done it is quite the capable beast. Ironpig did all the mods and their workmanship is excellent. My two cents and a plug for a good guy, although I must say I'm sorry to see John parting with his 40. Shmukster

Thanks, Gary! This is such a nice rig, I am sure it would make John happy to see this go to someone here in the Northeast,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom