SOLD Built 1965 SWB FJ45 Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This 45 is no longer for sale. It is getting a resurrection of some sort. The body and drive train are being sold in the classifieds.

Edit:3/28/19, I took it to a shop to have the engine tuned. It is running good and drives without issue. They also put it on a dyno and it currently put out 237 HP and 296 Torque to the rear wheels in 2nd gear. New asking price is 16,000.

Edit: 1/21/19, I bought an 80 series so I am no longer looking for full trades but I am open to a partial 80, 60, or 62 series trade rust free and a clean body.

My wife has told me no matter what I do or how nice i make this she is not riding in it, so I have thought this over again and again and figure I will again put it for sale. [/B]

I acquired this in July of 2018 and thought I would be able to hold on to it. Family reasons are forcing me to part with it. I will address a few things right away to avoid getting beat up to bad. I paid $14000 for it, got it home and spent over $4000 to install the Holley Stealth Ram MPI Fuel system, with a Radium surge tank, and more 99% all new parts. So I am into it now for over 19,800. I am now asking $16,000 for it which is a significant loss but I would like to get it to it's next home. It is located in Northern New Mexico. I am not offended by offers either but I feel like I am giving up a fair amount already.

The link below is the add that I purchased the vehicle from.
For Sale - 1965 fj45 new price 14000.00

The link below is from when this cruiser was listed here in 2012. My understanding is that the person listed in this add paid a shop in Arkansas to build the drive train for this 45.
1965 FJ45 Removable Top SWB For Sale - AR

This is a one of kind cruiser. With the value of FJ45s these days you would be crazy to take a decent SWB Removable top FJ45 and modify it like this. I wouldn't but since someone else already has long before prices on these went crazy I feel comfortable saying you probably wont find to many original SWB FJ45s modified like this. This is what I like about this rig. In owning this rig one gets an original piece of hard to find Land Cruiser history and a lot of modern advancements that make this rig pretty damn cool, very capable, and usable.

Details:
  • 1965 SWB Removable Top FJ45
  • Chevy 383 stroker balanced and blueprinted, angle plug heads, Keith black pistons, mild cam, Sanderson cast headers, Holley Stealth Ram Multi Port Fuel injection intake system, Mini Starter, new valver covers, new water pump, new gaskets for everything I replaced.
  • New MSD Billet Distributor
  • New MSD Electronic Ignition, new MSD coil, new MSD plug wires
  • Aftermarket Aluminum Radiator
  • H41 4 Speed Transmission, Marlin 4.7 Toybox, 3 speeds transfer case
  • Radium Surge Tank with banjo AN-6 Fittings, New stainless steel Fuel lines and Braided HP Lines with An-6 fittings.
  • Lakewood scatter shield centerforce clutch
  • Bilstien Shocks
  • Alcan Springs with spring under lift and shackle reversal
  • AGR Power Steering box with rock ram power assist
  • Roll Cage in the cab tied into frame
  • Painless harness and GM Tilt Column
  • Warn 10,000 lb Winch
  • Custom and very stout flat bed
  • Custom tub fenders front and back, very stout and welded to the frame in front
  • Custom Aluminum 30-35 gallon fuel tank
  • 4 Wheel Disk Brakes
  • Arb Lockers Front and Back
  • 4.88 diff. Gears
  • Chromoly Longfield axles in the front
  • Aisin Front
  • The rims are black steel pro comp style 17x8 with very used (30% rollers) Goodyear mtrs size 35x12.50r17
  • New Spidertrax 1.5" spacers
  • Comes with Panasonic Toughbook with software to adjust the Holley Stealth Ram tune
  • Seats are cloth out of a Tacoma and mounted to the roll cage.
  • Cab has 2" body lift
  • Clear Title in my name
Needs
  • Windshield is cracked but I have a replacement not installed.
  • Windshield vent rubber needs replaced. I have this piece too but needs installed
  • Oil pan has a leak. I have a new oil pan and gasket but it needs
A little extra history as much as I could dig up about the rig. A picture of this rig was found in a toyota trail magazine from the 90s (added pictures of the articles.) The original build and conversion to a flat bled occurred in the 90s or earlier. The rig was located in California until around 2011-2012 when it moved to Arkansas and owned buy a guy named Alan who I understand had the 383 stroker built and installed along with some of the drivetrain pieces before selling it to someone else in the area in 2012. I don't know the history for the middle owner but I bought it from forum member onebadlc who owned it for two years and says most of the time he just drove it to town.

View attachment 1786141

View attachment 1786142

View attachment 1786143

View attachment 1786159

Last edited:
Obviously not. I will have to reference to the dyno sheet to get the exact. I don't recall exactly.

20190328_090218.jpg

I took it for a dump run today and filled the tank. It is a lot more fun to drive with the FI dialed in.

20190330_121114.jpg

I am preparing to do a motor swap in this 45 this fall/winter and before I go through that I would like to offer it for sale again to see if anyone is seriously interested in buying this 45 as it sits. I have been driving it regularly as it is and having fun with it.

20190427_131733.jpg

Last edited:
It is cute, what engine are you going to put in it

I would put a 2uz in it. I like the idea of toyota drive train going back into it.

Why a motor swap? Just curious the motivation?

I have a preference to Toyota and would prefer a Toyota drivetrain. I have always wanted to put a 2uz into my eventual 45 build and I have all the engine pieces now to do that and the time this winter to potentially make it happen.

I have a preference to Toyota and would prefer a Toyota drivetrain. I have always wanted to put a 2uz into my eventual 45 build and I have all the engine pieces now to do that and the time this winter to potentially make it happen.

:popcorn::hmm::rofl:

Are you selling the whole truck now or just body and drivetrain?

Just the body and drivetrain.
The front tube fenders are Sold. The rest of the cab and front clip I would to try and sell together.

Last edited:
did u ever get a look under the diamondplate corners on this?

I have not but plan to soon. I am in the process of pulling the motor out, next I will pull the cab off and after that I will pull the diamond plate. It is going to be another week or more before I get there as this weekend I can't work on it.

Looking at the corners from the inside, I don't expect to find any significant rust though.

once you yank that diamondplate...shoot me a price on the tub im thinking of widening the whole tub and putting it on an 80 or 200.

I pulled the diamond plate off, and the parts I felt I needed for the replacement cab. You can see pictures of it in my parts thread below.

Since I am not selling the entire truck i am going to post this thread Sold. The body and drivetrain parts are all listed in the appropriate sections in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom