Built 100 STOLEN in Sacramento Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Last edited:
Heads-up to LC 100 owners - this is happening more and more. My LC 100-series was stolen 6 weeks ago. Apparently, they most likely used a "shaved key" and then "they have App options" to get around the RC chip in the FOB. I guess as time goes by with the older cars, they find out more and more ways to get around the original safety features. I recommend trackers and kill switches for those that are unable to garage...damn bad guys!

Heads-up to LC 100 owners - this is happening more and more. My LC 100-series was stolen 6 weeks ago. Apparently, they most likely used a "shaved key" and then "they have App options" to get around the RC chip in the FOB. I guess as time goes by with the older cars, they find out more and more ways to get around the original safety features. I recommend trackers and kill switches for those that are unable to garage...damn bad guys!
Was yours built or just stock?

Sorry to hear. Alarm the garage too; I've read about vehicles being stolen from house garages at night...

This thread has me thinking about putting a gps tracker in my 100. Anyone have any comments/suggestions? I was thinking a cheap, battery powered lte one, activate it for a month when i'll be out/far from home and let it deactivate until the next time it'll be parked outside for a extended time away from home.

This thread has me thinking about putting a gps tracker in my 100. Anyone have any comments/suggestions? I was thinking a cheap, battery powered lte one, activate it for a month when i'll be out/far from home and let it deactivate until the next time it'll be parked outside for a extended time away from home.
Apple Airtag under the carpet. Change it with a new one every six months to ensure the battery is functioning. Best $30 ever.

I don't have an iphone so I can't go this route.
Sure you can. It's time to join the Empire. lol Set up a free iTunes address/email. Buy an Airtag. Live comfy. Or I believe Samsung has something similar called a "Smartag" I believe.

I'd say AirTag too. But I know Apple has revised it to reduce unwanted stalking... and that's great. I now know when an AirTag is "following" me and it beeps as well.

But on the flip side (no stalking involved), I want my airtag in my own vehicle to go unnoticed so the criminal can't find it and toss it out. I know the audible beeping is easily bypassed but how about the alerts a thief w/ an iPhone might receive? Hmm... need to look into it some more. :hmm: Feel free to PM me too.

I'd say AirTag too. But I know Apple has revised it to reduce unwanted stalking... and that's great. I now know when an AirTag is "following" me and it beeps as well.

But on the flip side (no stalking involved), I want my airtag in my own vehicle to go unnoticed so the criminal can't find it and toss it out. I know the audible beeping is easily bypassed but how about the alerts a thief w/ an iPhone might receive? Hmm... need to look into it some more. :hmm: Feel free to PM me too.
1"x1" square of dynamat should keep any noise level to a minimum. Or locate it away from the driver seat (jack storage rear subwoofer) by the time a thief finds and tosses it the vehicle will likely be abandoned anyway. PM'd.

Having worked as a locksmith in college, and spent the rest of my life in IT, in various roles…

While it’s a pain to bypass the immobilizer, it’s not impossible. I’ve done it on one with @Mauser ‘a help, and another with more brute force (less elegance).

From my experience, the easiest way to steal a 100 series, would be to tow it, then swap the ECU.

@jLB Do you know if shaved keys work on the Lexus inside cut key?

I’ve done “impressioned” keys on a Toyota style key, but never attempted on a Lexus.

That being said, fighting with the picking/impression of the the key cylinder seems pointless. It would seem that there are more efficient ways to deal with this ….

Anyone put a simple hidden kill switch in these? I’m a new owner to a 100 series but In my previous vehicle a T1n sprinter you could do a simple fuel pump relay kill switch or just pull the relay out and there’s no way it’s driving away.

I'm using pebblebee LTE tracker few months. Works great, battery life is month or more. Have to get yearly ir multi year plan, $4-$5 per month. Can recommend

(Post was cryptic but redacted further to prevent misuse)

The busted ignition thread’s a good read on starting a hundy.

I’m not sure about how the later model keyless push to start LC works, potentially RF hacked and the engine starts!?

Last edited:
I certainly can't defend the politicians in CA. It is way too liberal. But I've lived in CA all my life. We split time between a big city and a small town.... which is a really great mix. The recreation is tough to beat. We are relatively close to the beach, mountains, lakes, snow and desert. The food choices are also really phenomenal. The weather is always bearable, if not great. We are neither poor nor rich... but still happy in CA. So we stay.
X2 on the food. And public land access…

I put a hidden kill switch in my 100 series. Its a momentary pushbutton that interrupts the starter solenoid signal. the switch is well hidden and has to be pressed while turning the key, so it's a bit of a pain - but it sure will make stealing the rig a lot harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom