Builds Builds: Bad Memory 1974 FJ40 (2 Viewers)

Joined
Nov 11, 2019
Messages
98
Location
Ohio
Did you figure out the oil pressure sender/gauge problem?
I did. Looks like the original engine that came in mine had the sensor on the block. Saying that because the wire for the connection is on that side and and just makes it to the block in length. The PO put a newer 2F in mine so my guess is that they used the old oil filter elbow that didn't have it there and the newer block that didn't have it as well. Plan is to get an elbow with the spot for the sender unit there and run a longer wire.
 
Joined
Nov 11, 2019
Messages
98
Location
Ohio
I haven't posted for a while but have been able to get a few things done in the past couple of months. I got rid of the old aluminum wheels and tires and threw on a new set of wheels that @Jdc1 helped me acquire. I mounted 33x10.5 KM3s on the wheels and they look amazing on it. I also rattle canned them for an extra layer of protection. This also allowed me to take off the rear fenders that had been added. Now I get to look at a bunch of holes in my tub.

Now for the fun! I had installed a new alternator a little over a month ago was having issues getting it to charge. Did as much testing as I knew how to do and then brought a friend that knew more than me. We couldn't get it working. So I put a call in to @ToyotaMatt for assistance. He worked with me, looking through the wiring diagram and helped me diagnose the problem in no time! I think I got a couple of looks from the woo! I yelled out when it was working. But I seriously cant thank Matt enough. The alternator is a great product and his help was invaluable!

Next up leaf springs and exhaust.
newwheels.jpg
 
Joined
Nov 11, 2019
Messages
98
Location
Ohio
In the past couple of weeks I have really been trying to get as much usage as I can in before winter hits and the salt hits the streets. When the weather hasn’t cooperated I have fit in a few projects. Added the city racer front and rear mats which really cleaned up the inside.
5D2520C7-9596-4EDB-A0B0-000F2909A460.jpeg

Also added the new shift shift boots.
Installed the front springs from Ironman with shackles from Man-a-fre and spring plate skid plates from sor. This added about 2” up front and made it sit nice and level.
66A3D77D-8B9F-4231-92FD-D8BA930E495F.jpeg

And since it’s getting darker out I added in the OEM upgrade headlight kits from city racer.
2BF5EED7-967E-43CC-B51C-C0C102FC8BED.jpeg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom