Builds Building the dream (PZJ77) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope. Never did. But... when my spare is mounted the right door pops off the top catch sometimes when its bumpy.
Mine was squeaking like crazy.
Hinges .... Good
Alignment ... Good
Tire / tire carrier ... Good
Ladder .... Good
Top striker .... Good
Bottom striker .... Not Good .... Although the door seemed to shut in a firm fashion, it was not sitting on the bottom striker in the correct way. After some adjustments, it's all quiet now. I can even hear my antique radio now.

The foam on my bottom strike needs replacing. I need to adjust the top catch. Time is just a premium. I need to hurry up and retire :bang:

When you hang a 33" x 10.50" tire on the door as I did, you're asking a lot of the hinges and strikers. It's amazing that the only issue is the occasional squeak.

I've got a 33x8. But it's a heavy freakin tire. My wheels are light, but I imagine the whole setup is around 70 pounds.

Finished up my rear bumper rebuild finally. All hardware is new. I am not a fan of the trim black paint. The finish is not at all durable. I'll be re painting the plastics with the bedliner rattle can. It's held up very well so far.

IMG_0505.JPG
IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG
IMG_0508.JPG
IMG_0511.JPG

Well that's not good. Might be regearing sooner then I thought (unless someone has cable locked 60 axels laying around :princess:

IMG_0517.JPG

I also finally got smart and bought a pump :p

IMG_0518.JPG

Last edited:
I want new factory lenses. The led section is cool, I just wish it had amber turn lens. I'll be getting the truck dirty over the next month!
You still headed south next month?

This month. And I just got to Knoxville today. I'll be in the area till the end of march for work.
You're finally in the region where the term "grits" isn't referring to the effectiveness of sand paper. :)

Haha, but I put sugar in my grits so I don't think the local Waffle House short cook would be too appreciative... speaking of, I'm dying for a grand slam!

Haha, but I put sugar in my grits so I don't think the local Waffle House short cook would be too appreciative... speaking of, I'm dying for a grand slam!
I can't even begin to explain how many different ways putting sugar on grits is wrong. :lol:

I grew up in the south, but my mom's side is from Massachusetts. Every time I visit fam in Louisiana I get the talking to about how I eat my grits :cool:

Now more cruiser content before I get banned....

Pictures of the drive down

Load out for a month away from home with the hopes of a few overnight solo camping:
IMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0525.JPG
IMG_0526.JPG

Just north of the Cumberland gap on 75
IMG_0527.JPG

Maintained road, probably for hunting access. It's exit 144 on 75 in Kentucky. I took it for a quick spin only because of its name. Stinky Creek Road. I found the creek, fortunately no stink.
IMG_0528.JPG

Trip notes on travel time, distance and economy. Never leave home without a grease pen
IMG_0529.JPG

This month. And I just got to Knoxville today. I'll be in the area till the end of march for work.
You're are very close to Oak Ridge. Trails galore. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom