Builds Building the dream (PZJ77) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had trouble seeing it.

image.jpeg

one battery was reading 12v the other, 9 and change. We first tried to charge the first one. It didn't work so we did a 24v jump (not pictured). Basically the photo you posted I hoped no one would notice.

I ended up doing an electrical bath but forgot to take pictures. After letting the parts sit over night I scrubbed with acid-based rust stripper then primed and painted.

I'd love to know more about the electrical bath. What solution and how much electricity? I've used vinegar to get rid of surface rust but that takes a lot of time and is only so effective.

Thanks! I've now seen some interesting YT videos of this process as well.

@cruiseroutfit (ers)

Thank you so much! I can't say enough about this company. I needed suspension before an upcoming mon-long trip. They were able to get everything I needed in enough time to complete the install.

Stay tuned, OME kit, steering bars, engine mounts, fuel filter and a few other things will be happing soon.

IMG_1170.JPG

@cruiseroutfit (ers)

Thank you so much! I can't say enough about this company. I needed suspension before an upcoming mon-long trip. They were able to get everything I needed in enough time to complete the install.

Stay tuned, OME kit, steering bars, engine mounts, fuel filter and a few other things will be happing soon.

View attachment 1383586

Thank you!!!

85% done with my suspension. Did new steering bars and tie rods as well. Won't be anymore progress till Tuesday. My phone is full so no pictures for now.

@cruiseroutfit you should consider making rear leaf plate/perch (whatever it's called) an optional accessory with your kits. The shock bosses on mine are questionable at best. I wish I ordered new ones.

85% done with my suspension. Did new steering bars and tie rods as well. Won't be anymore progress till Tuesday. My phone is full so no pictures for now.

@cruiseroutfit you should consider making rear leaf plate/perch (whatever it's called) an optional accessory with your kits. The shock bosses on mine are questionable at best. I wish I ordered new ones.

The u-bolt plates? We have some applications in stock, I'm not sure if they crossover to 77 but could look Monday easy enough. The bolt/threads the sketchy part or the gushing surface/OD?

The u-bolt plates? We have some applications in stock, I'm not sure if they crossover to 77 but could look Monday easy enough. The bolt/threads the sketchy part or the gushing surface/OD?

Bolts thread fine. The surface of the boss is terrible. I'll post a photo Tuesday. You guys are freakin awesome.

Last edited:
Yikes, those are bad. We do have both LH and RH in stock for the 7x Rear

Suspension is in. Raked out bad but the lean is gone. Also installed my steering links. Truck is awaiting alignment. I'll take her out tomorrow. I will likely end up pulling a leaf out back. I can't imagine they will settle enough to level the truck.

IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1187.JPG

One leaf in the rear will absolutely settle it a fair but but I'd get some miles on it first. The front has the heavy load of the engine, the rear gets all the migratory load. Worst case pull 1-2 rear leafs out of each rear pack. Front stance looks really nice :cool:

Bryce mentioned you called on the UBOLT60090 & UBOLT60100. If you want to roll with them we'll do them shipped for $100 since you did a big suspension order with us!

ubolt_plate.jpg

You might consider new hardware too, we've got it:
SUS03011 - OEM Toyota Shock Inner Washer - $4.00/each
SUS12088 - OEM Toyota Lower Shock Bolt - 60/80 - $3.50/each

I'd leave them and give it some time. Mine settled more than I imagined they would have but it took a year or so.

I'm going to fill all my water cans up with water and let them hang out in the back to help with break in.

@cruiseroutfit I absolutely want/need the mentioned parts. It's a matter of convincing my wife. I'll let you know in the next few days if you're okay with that. Moreover thank you. Amazing service amazing customer support!!

Say when, we'll honor the discounted price and free shipping until you're ready.

Thank you! Pass my appreciation along to Bryce as well for his patience. We talked three or four times. Each time I had a million questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom