Building Stainless exhaust system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning on TIG welding a new exhaust system for my BJ42 with 3B engine. Im planning on using 2,5 inch tubes and making a copy of my original silencer. Any do or not to does? ::)

Not sure about what you should do, I know my local muffler shop gave me the IX-Nay on bending that stick of tube due to the fact it is fair bit harder.

Make sure if you are getting it bent that they mandral bend the cornders or otherwise they will just crush it.

Ask Sheldon who ganders on the board from G&S Cruisers, he had a exhaust built and they crushed all the bends making the tube about 2/3s it normal size.

Mandral bent peices would be your best bet and then tig them together, that would be very sweet.

Good luck
Rob

Thanks for the reply, I will take your advice and use the prefabricated bends and then just chop some straight tubes and then TIG it all together. I did some research on the WEB and found some fancy stainless mufflers. Well then I just have to do the work. :D

Jan from Denmark

Aaah forget the muffler and turbo that baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Good luck
Rob

Good stainless mufflers are Borla, Supertrapp and Flowmaster. All expensive, but very nice sound and power, and very durable. Borla gauranteed for a 'million miles'.

There is alot of mufflers offered around the WWW so I just have to pick one up and yes turbo would be the way to go. But right now im hooked up with a total restoration of my BJ42, 166000 Km from 84. Nice mechanical condition but alot of rust due to salty roads in winter time here in Denmark, so my time is spend with bringing this baby on the road and then later hopefully a nice turbo addon 8). Thanks for replys, J4 freaks. :cheers:

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom