Building my first trail truck! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, as the title clearly states, I'm building my first Toyota, it was fine at first...then rolled it, got it back running, trail rode some more, and brought it home where it is now in the ICU waiting on a face lift

Got BIG ideas for it that I'm pretty certain about what I want to do (exocage, SAS, gear/lockers, propane conversion), but some guidance is needed!!

When it comes to the SAS, I have a Toyota 8 inch that needs the outer's rebuilt, but that's not why I'm here. I want the most flexibility I can get out of the truck, I've contemplated a linked set up, but that gets a little bit pricey and complex for my little mind!! Is it possible to attain the same (or comparable) flex with a regular leaf spring setup?

And also, after rolling it like I did this past weekend, I really don't want to lift it anymore, if it can be avoided. All it has currently is 2.5 inch ball joint spacers in the front and nothing in the rear, and i feel like that is the perfect height and which clears my 33's fine

Is there anybody that can shed some light?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sure others can help u better.. But for now look thru the threads below about the sas and TG lift there is about three threads that are recent. They talk about leaf springs all the different styles and different set ups. Link will always flex better hands down! I say Chevy 63's in the rear and rears up front or a trail gear pack!

Sent from my iPhone 60' up in a lift

Links will always flex better, but definitely are pricey. Being from the school of thought of wheel it 'till it doesnt cut it anymore. I would say build it with leafs now, and then later down the road if you feel like that really just doesnt cut it, link it.

I know nobody wants to have to spend the $ twice, but for my money, I would go with a nice leaf pack now.
How flexy can Louisana be? :flipoff2:

Edit: Why do we have a Pirate style flip off/joke smiley if the forum censors it?

Links will always flex better, but definitely are pricey. Being from the school of thought of wheel it 'till it doesnt cut it anymore. I would say build it with leafs now, and then later down the road if you feel like that really just doesnt cut it, link it.

I know nobody wants to have to spend the $ twice, but for my money, I would go with a nice leaf pack now.
How flexy can Louisana be? :flipoff2:

Edit: Why do we have a Pirate style flip off/joke smiley if the forum censors it?

It don't censor it.. If ur on the app it's weird u gotta click on the post and it opens it to show icons... It's just my app now if ur on a computer idk what's wrong with it.

Sent from my iPhone 60' up in a lift

Thanks for the advice guys! I had talked to my brother about it also recommended that i do leafs all around, mainly because of it being such an easier, less technical swap. But now that it's settled, I'll need to gather materials and brush up on my welding abilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom