building an FJ45 on a 100/80 series chasis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hy Gurus,
Im planning to build an fj45 on an 80/100 series chassis, I want your expert feed on which chassis would do better. im going with 1HD-fte diesel turbo 4.2 engine with a 5 speed 750A auto transmission. in my country I tried to find HDJ79's series 1HD-FTE engine for simple wiring but unfortunately I have the only option of 1HD in 100 series, i have a way out to handle its complex wiring ! For axles im confused about IFS and Solid Front Axles. need some guidance which ones to pick and if you recommend e.g solid front axles then which toyotas solid front axles should be selected, 100 series, 80 series or parado etc? i am building this rig for touring expeditions and want to take it to Australia, Africa and Europe. I dont TOW like the serious Nomads in Australia do, as i can park all my stuff in the back tub so i do not need serious towing. However, planning a rig which can travel and cover thousands of KMs with ease and with teeth and claws for gravel and off-road !
Now, some add ons which I think are required:
1. Aftermarket bigger turbo
2. conversion of A750 to a tip tronic
3. aftermarket cooling system like PWR
4. suspension systems from Kings,Fox or Icon or any other worthy and sustainable brand
5. In case of solid axles i will like to go with the radius arms
6. compushift and valve bodies upgrades with torque converters
7. aftermarket exhaust system to have an improved sound quality
Respected members of the group these are few items which come to my mind, would you like to comment what should i do? what items i simply dont need, like at one time i got impressed with the lower arm controls offered by killer offroad fabrications, its been one year that i have ordered them but no building map or pictures have been sent by Chris and frankly speaking following the thread on these LCAs kit by KOB's I havent found positive feed on it, so to do major fabrication of shifting from torsion bars and going with coil overs is a risk which i dont want to take and end up with items which will parked in my garage cabinet !
ash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom