Builds building a landcruiser for overland expedition (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter rideglobally
  • Start date
  • Watchers 142

Should we paint Nulla’s camper cab blue?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GLTHFJ60

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Box van and other extended chassis vehicles, like my Ford f550, have a two piece rear driveshaft with a carrier bearing. Very long lasting if the angles are right. If you move the rear axle back a few feet, I would wager a two piece driveshaft with a carrier bearing is the only way to make it work.

MANUCHAO

MANUCHAO

omnia mea mecum porto
With this camper box, we might have to move back the rear axel of the Nulla to avoid a long over hang.
I say move that axle to the rear..... \
it will give yah a better ride quality and seen that how and where you use your rig (open spaces) you should have no issues
On the other side the vehicle will be less maneuverable in tight spots...

Awesome to see you do this to such an iconic rig.....!!!

renago

renago

put your truck on a scale ,
max load fully charged 3500 kg .
all extra weight good to dump .
in my humble opinion you are farrrrr too heavy .

rideglobally

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
put your truck on a scale ,
max load fully charged 3500 kg .
all extra weight good to dump .
in my humble opinion you are farrrrr too heavy .
Got it, the main goal of this remodeling is to lose the weight that we have added over the years, I hope to get 3,500kg or lower.

rideglobally

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
The axel will be move back 400mm (16”) the current wheel base of the Nulla is 3.35m (11”). The picture below is to scale. The camper shell will be attach to the cabin, but will allow for some flexing. Would like a shorter overhang but we are balancing between manuvereality and structural strength since Nulla is build as an off road capable camper.

8388B05B 9453 4BAC 9318 46344FF15C62

rideglobally

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Here a recent scale drawing the axel is move back 400mm (16”). We cut the camper box to shorten the over hand to 1600mm (5’). We are also putting pull out drawers on both running board for storage. This phase of the build is probably the most important, it is the foundation.

07534E60 3BD3 4B28 A2BA 8D3F67988E9E

renago

renago

What about cutting the crew cab just for the 2 front seats .
You can still retain the look , but use the extra space for living box.
Keeping the length reasonable, noneed to move the rear axel, and improve greatly the inside use of space.
Without mentioning some money savings.

rideglobally

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
What about cutting the crew cab just for the 2 front seats .
You can still retain the look , but use the extra space for living box.
Keeping the length reasonable, noneed to move the rear axel, and improve greatly the inside use of space.
Without mentioning some money savings.
The area behind the front seat will be open up, the plan is for the passenger seat and driver seat to swivel back, trying to figure that out cause the space is tight, in either case that area will be a living area but not same space as you are suggesting if we cut the cab. (The cost of that is probably same as moving the axel) We think the living area we will have in this configuration is sufficient. I will post the floor plan when it is done. We spend most of our time outside, the outside kitchen is one of the most important thing.

One another subject, do you or anyone know of a garage in the area who is very familiar with the 12ht engine? We are also trying to improve the performance of our engine. You can post here or send me a PM.

thanks for your input

rideglobally

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
We are excited to let you know that the work on the Nulla has began on the chassis extension. The extension is 400mm (16”). The new wheelbase will be 3657mm (12’) center to center. If you are on Instagram you can follow the build here Login • Instagram - https://instagram.com/adventuretruckslovenia?utm_medium=copy_link you can also follow the build and our travel @nullacrising We will also continue to post update here. We are currently Overlanding mainland Mexico.enjoy 👍🏽🇵🇭🇲🇽
Adventure Truck Slovenia also posted the Nulla build on YouTube

4C3F0DCD 9D2E 4969 82A4 417E6E875FD6

C8002A8A 6B75 4470 9811 55240C232727

A25FFB1E DEBF 455C 92C3 C6234E9B0994

Last edited:
MANUCHAO

MANUCHAO

omnia mea mecum porto
are you losing those quarter windows ? or will they still be there once everything is said and done....

Hope they stay ... !!!

rideglobally

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
are you losing those quarter windows ? or will they still be there once everything is said and done....

Hope they stay ... !!!
Sorry they are gone. We want to create a smooth flow between the cab and the camper, hard decision but we had to make it. This is the final evolution of the Nulla. We are driving her around the world she need to be comfortable & capable. Picture below is when we just got her. Check out our travel @nullacruising

D147434E 7013 47D8 BDB8 CAFE2E20C682