Building a deployment-ready supply box. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like it, you brought up some points I didn't think of, like spatulas, cleaning supplies, and mountain money!

I don't like running out of mountain money!!! Another thing I found in my camping tote last night was a bottle of hand sanitizer. Easy to keep around the cook shack instead of warming water to wash your hands. I also typically have a can of the sanitizing wipes for table tops/prep surfaces.

I don't like running out of mountain money!!! Another thing I found in my camping tote last night was a bottle of hand sanitizer. Easy to keep around the cook shack instead of warming water to wash your hands. I also typically have a can of the sanitizing wipes for table tops/prep surfaces.

Hand sanitizer is fantastic for starting fires.

I keep a pack of sani wipes and roll of TP in a zip lock on the outside pocket of my day pack. It's easier to wipe down an outhouse toilet seat with a sani wipe than build a 7 layer ass gasket with TP.

I would go collapsable so you can store it in the action packer and fill when needed... something like this.

Amazon.com: Reliance Products 5 Gallon Poly-Bagged Fold-A-Carrier Collapsible Water Carrier: Sports & Outdoors

I have thought about carrying a water filter and trim the water down to what I think I will need (I do ~ 1gal a day). The water filter would be a backup (and taste better than tablets :) )

Amazon.com: MSR SweetWater Microfilter (Gray/Red): Sports & Outdoors

EDIT: forgot to say... I like the list!! :cheers:

I have that exact Reliance water container... Liked the first one so much I bought a second one! One of the things I love is that it's got a loop in the back for stringing some rope through to hang it up... In the hung up position, the spout faces downward - perfect for getting every last drop out!

i have both the Military Medical boxes .however i have the large ones double sided with the divider.... frankly i love it it does everything i asked it to do and more. defintly keeps the dust out water and is sturdy enough to act as a camp table or extra seat. so far i kep all essential in camp gear in there from stove to pots pans to utensils paper towl dog food and a metal porceline coated wash bowl. also has enough room to hold a5 gallon bucket and lid which works out great for around camp cuz ya never no when youll need a 5 gallon bucket .from tool storage to water carrying .to even keeping my Deitz Cressent storm lantern ( which i must say carrying extra lighters and ven lamp oil around is also a great thing to have .lamp oil is a good fire starter and isnt as volitial as white gas or even gas is) i also carry a military night vision box ( $25 at teh surplus store) works great for what i call my "Pantry" has enough can food in tehre freom chili to stew to caned peaches in there and also carry spices anda knife and small cutting board and a can opener with church key................also same grade as teh medical boxes just alot smaller and can carry enough supplies for 3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom